Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon Yogurt Dip

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on April 11, 2011

sweetpotatofries

I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!  The weekend started for us on Friday because my husband gets every second Friday off work.  We spent the day shopping out of town on Saturday but beyond that we spent the majority of our time at home, outside in the yard.  I actually got one garden bed that runs most of the length of our house completely weeded.  I have no before pictures to show because I was too embarrassed to take a picture, but once the flowers start to bloom and fill in the empty spaces I’ll be sure to post a picture or two.  I do want to start branching out and posting things other than food, but I’ll see how that goes.  Now I just have to keep up with my garden bed because I know that grass will come back.  While I dug and ripped and scooped every last bit of grass and weeds out the kids ran around the yard, my son played next door at the neighbors sandbox for a little while and my daughter figured out how to go down her little toddler slide by herself, among other things.  It was such a good weekend.

It’s a good thing I squeezed in time for these though.  My daughter literally inhaled them.  She’s at the stage where she usually eats fairly slowly but every time I turned around she had finished off another and another and another.  All that playing outside must have made her super hungry.  Not that these weren’t amazing 😀

1 saravixen April 12, 2011 at 2:28 am

They look absolutely yummy! I was hoping I could grab through my screen for one 😉

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 14, 2011 at 11:20 am

Awesome! That’s the reaction I was going for 😀

3 ThE DiVa DiSh April 12, 2011 at 8:10 am

oh heaven!! i love sweet potato fries!! and the dip sounds like it would go perfect!!

4 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

It is yummy 😀 But were biased – we love sweet potato fries, any way you can make them 😀

5 Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living April 12, 2011 at 9:53 am

I don’t think I could imagine a more perfect snack. Sweet potatoes? Pumpkin pie spice? Greek yogurt? Some of my very favorite foods. I WILL be making this :).

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

Awesome! I hope you enjoy them 😀

7 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama April 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Sweet potato fries are a favorite over here! I love the idea of serving them with a yogurt dip. I’m sure Meghan would love this. I’m going to have to give it a try.

8 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

I bet she will 😀 Sweet potatoes were my daughters first food so she just goes nuts for them.

9 Pearl (Crunch and Chew) April 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Yum! Sweet tater fries and yogurt is always a go-to meal for me.

10 journeyofjapan April 17, 2011 at 9:06 pm

wow these look so amazing! I live in Japan and don’t have access to pumkin pie spice any suggestion for alternative spices that I could maybe mix up?
ps beautiful blog

11 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 18, 2011 at 9:35 am

I actually have a recipe to make your own pumpkin pie spice here if you wanted to make it yourself. Or just cinnamon would be really yummy too 🙂
Thank you!!

12 danetteandryan May 1, 2011 at 9:28 am

I just love your pics! The jars are adorable…. adding this to my list of things to try this week. Thanks for posting!

13 Sarah September 17, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Sounds great- just wondering, what does the egg white do?

14 Heidi @ Food Doodles October 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm

It actually helps them get crispy, since sweet potatoes don’t really get crispy like white potatoes do. You can leave it out, or just use water to help the spices stick if you really want, but they wont be as crispy.

15 Diane October 4, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Just found your site thru another pinner on Pinterest…soooo glad I did!!! Signed up for your email list and Pinned quite a few recipes … Including this – sooo many look delicious, I can’t wait to try! Looking forward to continuing to follow!

16 Stef October 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I usually stick to savory dipping sauces for sweet potato fries (think: sriracha aioli), but I think the tanginess of Greek yogurt would be totally delicious with a little bit of honey, vanilla, and spices, like you suggest. Can’t wait to try it! 🙂

17 Ashley Price January 12, 2017 at 7:21 pm

I made these today and they are AMAZING!!! I highly recommend. I used a thicker cut than in the picture and therefore it took a little longer than in the instructions but man were they tasty.

{ 3 trackbacks }