Watermelon Smoothie

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on May 12, 2011

Watermelon SmoothieThe last couple days have been really hot and sunny.  It is awesome.  We’ve been loving it.  Eating lunch outside, playing in the dirt behind the house, kicking a soccer ball around(otherwise known as playing fetch with the baby who runs after it and brings it back :D), and of course getting yard work done.  My husband has been getting so much work around the yard done to make things look good.  And now things are finally really sprouting, even the trees are looking green.  And my first little tulip was just beginning to open up when my son picked it for me.

Watermelon Smoothie

Oh well, now I have a pretty pink tulip in my kitchen Watermelon Smoothie

Today is a little more grey than it has been, but it’s a nice chance to get things done inside before we have a super sunny weekend.  At least I can hope it will be super sunny, haha.  How’s the weather where you live?

I feel a little bad about posting this.  It’s not really a recipe, more of an idea.  But at least it’s a really yummy one.  And now that we finally have watermelons back at the store I was very excited to make this again since I haven’t made it since last summer.  It’s so refreshing.  Save this recipe for a hot summery day Watermelon Smoothie

Watermelon Smoothie

Watermelon Smoothie

1 Ragnhild May 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Mmmhmmm! Those smoothies looks so good! I found this years first organic watermelons at my store today too. They where really expencive tho, so Ill wait for a few weeks. Then Ill be making this smoothie :)
Ragnhild recently posted..Chocolate Tart with Almond- Maple Crust

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 12, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Yes, the price may come down. Or maybe they’ll come on sale. It’s nicer to drink this when it’s hot anyways so waiting wont hurt :D

3 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Wow, I bet these are so refreshing! Great to hear you’re getting good weather. Ours isn’t to bad either! We haven’t gotten to the sprouting stage yet, but I’ve been smelling fresh cut grass everywhere I go today, so I’m sure it wont be long!
Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit recently posted..Pumpkin Raspberry Buckwheat Bake

4 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Yes, everyone’s been running their mowers around here lately too! It’s so nice :)

5 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Ah, that looks so fantastic!! It would have been perfect here today or yesterday, as we have had 90 degree temps! Totally random as last week it was in the 40s.
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Are Good Eaters Born or Made

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Our weather has been back and forth too. It’s so nice when it warms up though :)

7 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 12, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Those look gorgeous!! I’ve never thought to make a smoothie out of a watermelon!

8 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh May 12, 2011 at 11:26 pm

You know I am ALL over smoothies! THis sounds so refreshing!!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter &amp Ganache Birthday Cake

9 Stephanie Reid May 13, 2011 at 9:29 am

These look delicious!

10 Lisa May 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Beautiful! I’m going to make this when the weather warms up around here :)

11 Susan May 15, 2011 at 7:22 am

The simple recipes are often the best. I’ll make this and post about it on my blog, linking back to your original post, if that’s OK with you. My readers would adore this.

12 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

That sounds great, thank you! :)

13 Aubrey May 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yum, what pretty pink smoothies! I love the idea of lime + watermelon.
Aubrey recently posted..Pickled Strawberry Jam

14 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thank you :) I love the color too, it’s gorgeous!

15 laura May 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

love mixing up smoothies with fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies. this looks like a great combo! bookmarked it for safekeeping to http://cookmarked.com

16 rachel May 24, 2011 at 6:24 am

that’s so adorable about your son picking the tulip. my daughter does that too, they can’t help themselves!
delicious looking smoothie! that would be great for when we have any leftover watermelon that doesn’t get eaten.
i love your blog by the way :)

17 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 24, 2011 at 10:22 am