Homemade Corn Tortillas and Burrito Sauce

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 2, 2011

Homemade Corn Tortillas and Burrito SauceI love these two recipes and use them all the time.  In fact these pictures are old enough that I’m craving this kind of meal again already.  Can you tell we’re big fans of burritos?  Quick and easy even with all homemade ingredients(and I promise, all homemade ingredients really do make a difference).  Everything can be made ahead and then assembled just when it’s time to eat.  This particular meal was served with homemade refried beans and locally raised ground beef(which could easily be substituted for a vegetarian option or left out entirely) made with homemade taco seasoning along with cheese and fresh tomatoes.  Fresh lettuce is a must for me too, but I must have not had any at the time because for these I used a little bit of parsley that was left in the fridge for some green Homemade Corn Tortillas and Burrito Sauce

Homemade Corn Tortillas and Burrito Sauce

Homemade Corn Tortillas and Burrito Sauce

1 sally June 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I have a bag of masa harina in my pantry that would be perfect for this! The burrito sauce looks great too!
sally recently posted..Carolina-Style Barbecue Seitan Sandwiches

2 Maris(In Good Taste) June 3, 2011 at 2:00 am

Great recipe. Looks really good

3 Anna June 3, 2011 at 11:24 am

I’m so impressed you made your own tortillas! These look delicious.

4 emily June 4, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thanks for the tortilla making tips! I eat a lot of tortillas but am not excited about buying them at the store at all. I’m going to try your ziplock bag trick for sure. :)
emily recently posted..salad season goodbye food guide pyramid

5 Papacheong June 5, 2011 at 6:14 am

I just want to grab a fork and dig in.

Papacheong
Papacheong recently posted..Pork Liver with Ginger and Spring Onions 姜葱猪肝

6 Judy Hawkins October 13, 2013 at 7:54 pm

My press does really press these very thin the recipe was perfect measurements… They were perfect very light and delicious