Chipotle and Sweet Pepper Hummus

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on July 8, 2011

Just a quick post today, although I’m sure I’ll ramble on for a minute or two anyways 😀

Yesterday was filled with a bunch of kitchen fails.  Usually even if I make something that doesn’t taste very good I still eat it because I don’t want to waste the ingredients or even the time spent on it.  Or I try to make it into something else.  I just can’t stand to throw something away.  But it just was not possible with 3 separate things yesterday.  Thank goodness I made small batches of everything, but it still bothers me.  Oh well I guess, now I know.  I’m feeling much better about today.  I had an amazing salad for lunch that I can’t wait to share(and eat again tomorrow!) and I can’t wait to get back into the kitchen later if I have any time left.

Unfortunately the hubby had two of his wisdom teeth removed this morning which is also why I don’t want to spend too long on my post today.  And even if he did enjoy spicy foods I’m pretty sure he wont be enjoying any of this or anything else I make today.  On a regular every day basis I don’t care too much about spicy foods.  I don’t load up on hot sauce or cayenne powder, but once in a while I want something hot.  And I think I made my batch of hummus a little too hot.  I’ve been sampling it with a little baby spoon and even that much makes me feel like I can breathe fire, in a good way, for me at least.  So I’ve written a lesser amount into the recipe, and if you know your tolerance for heat you can adjust it accordingly.

1 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic July 8, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I love chipotle hummus – your recipe sounds fantastic! Great pics too, it’s making me want to take a chip and dip it right onto my computer screen 😉

2 Maja July 8, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I love theese, looks so yummy 🙂

3 Marsha @ The Harried Cook July 9, 2011 at 1:22 am

That sounds and looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing 🙂

4 Maris (In Good Taste) July 9, 2011 at 3:58 am

We have all had those kitchen fails-not to worry! This looks pretty delicious. Hope your husband is feeling better today!

5 Grace@ FoodFitnessFreshAir July 9, 2011 at 7:40 am

I love hummus, and nearly every kind too. In the summer months, I like to throw basil in mine. While I love Sabre hummus, homemade is soo much cheaper, and easy to make too!

6 anja July 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm

me neither. I cannot throw away things. the chipotle hummus looks fabulous.

7 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} July 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I love chipotle flavor so I’m sure I’d love this hummus.

8 Gosia July 9, 2011 at 8:12 pm

This hummus looks absolutely amazing. I’d have never thought of such an ingenious combination – chipotle? sweet peppers? But come to think about it, what could taste better than all the ingredients on your list put together? I’m making it tomorrow, for sure, just a perfect light supper for a tired pair coming back home from a hike in the Arizona heat. Can’t wait!

9 Jacob July 10, 2011 at 12:30 am

I always say the only thing better than hummus is spicy hummus. Thanks for the recipe!

10 Spicie Foodie July 10, 2011 at 7:20 am

Two of the best things on earth, hummus and chipotles. Loving your recipe! Hope your hubby feels better soon.

11 Kasey July 10, 2011 at 10:52 am

I love making hummus from scratch! I’ve had a few occasions when I’ve totally botched the recipe by trying to add too many flavors to it, but most times, it’s always better than anything store-bought. I love the addition of a spicy kick – will have to try it out!

12 purabi naha July 10, 2011 at 11:00 am

This hummus is really going to taste great! I am drooling! I see that you have a lovely collection of recipes!! Shall come back very soon…

13 Hannah July 10, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Another excellent hummus option I must try! I love the sound of this spicy variation.

14 Shumaila July 10, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I love hummus in a any form and this one looks great! Thanks for sharing!

15 Gosia July 10, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Hi, Heidi, as planned I’ve made the hummus this afternoon and just had to leave you a quick note. It’s unbelievably good. I want to put it on everything – is this a bad thing? Thanks for the recipe.

16 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback Gosia! I’m glad you’re enjoying it 😀

17 Cookie and Kate August 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I’m obsessed with spicy sweet potatoes. Can’t wait to try your recipe!