Individual Apple Crisps

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on December 6, 2011

Individual Apple Crisps

Apples are one of my favorite fruits.  I have no problem eating them plain, by themselves, but apple desserts are some of my favorites too.  And there’s nothing better than hot, fresh applesauce from the stove.  Or raw with peanut butter.  Or… OK, so I could go on and on.  In fact I think I’m going to start taking pictures of all the apple based snacks we eat and then compiling it all into one post.  We really eat a lot of apples.  What’s your favorite way to eat an apple?

Individual Apple Crisps

So loving apples like we do, when I saw these individual apple(and pear!) crisps at Cookie and Kate I knew I had to try them.  I originally tried her recipe and loved them, but I had my own ideas too so I immediately got back in my kitchen.  If you’ve ever had an apple cranberry crisp, this is the equivalent, and it’s really delicious.  Choose a firm, sweet apple for this one.  You wont be disappointed, they’re so delicious, especially hot from the oven, but even cold out of the fridge the next morning for breakfast.  Not that I would know anything about that…

Individual Apple Crisps

I should also mention that apples were the subject for this months column in our local paper.  I was quite happy when I realized there isn’t too much available at the market that I haven’t already covered so I would have to write about apples.  Of course, it was a little intimidating since apples are something that have been our valley for a very long time, but I mostly just tried to write about how amazing apples are for us.  Really, what’s more simple than an apple?  It doesn’t need any special packaging or treatment, you pick it from the tree and take it with you wherever you’re going and enjoy it whenever you want.   And yet it is so good for you, it’s pretty amazing Individual Apple Crisps

Individual Apple Crisps

Individual Apple Crisps

1 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} December 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm

What a fun recipe! I have had making apple crisp on my list for fall, yet haven’t done it yet. Now fall is almost over! This looks like a perfect recipe to end the season with. :-)
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..My labor playlists

2 Kathryn December 7, 2011 at 1:52 am

What a wonderful recipe, I would never have thought of making individual servings in that way!
Kathryn recently posted..candied orange and caramelised pecan chocolate bark

3 Erika @ Gluten Free Diet Guide December 7, 2011 at 7:54 am

This is one of those “why didn’t I think of that” kinds of recipes! As you can tell by my name, I bake gluten free at home, so that whole wheat flour would be replaced and we’d use GF oats. But I can’t think it would make any difference in the taste or the way it baked up. Such a creative take on a classic recipe concept. My girls would love these – bookmarking it!

Erika
Erika @ Gluten Free Diet Guide recently posted..Lavera Cosmetics

4 Nicole, RD December 7, 2011 at 8:38 am

Um, wow. Those photos were convincing enough…but then the thought of starting my MORNING off with one of those… :)

5 vianney December 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

Is it weird that I can imagine myself eating this cold from the fridge at midnight, lol. yummy!!
vianney recently posted..Bolillos

6 Pure2raw Twins December 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm

YUM! Those are soo cute. I want!
Pure2raw Twins recently posted..cute finds

7 Anna December 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I love that this recipe calls for apples with oats. I tend to be a ittle constipated when I get to have too much apples. But the oats in the recipe will balance my colon needs. Perfect! Delicious and healthy…the combination I have always been dreaming about. Thanks a lot!

8 Cassie @ Back to Her Roots December 9, 2011 at 4:22 am

Wow. These look fabulous and delicious and yummy and I want one now! Definitely pinning this recipe for future reference. :)
Cassie @ Back to Her Roots recently posted..sugar plums

9 Lauren at Keep It Sweet December 17, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I love that you serve the apples this way, they look so delicious, too!
Lauren at Keep It Sweet recently posted..Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting