Sesame Noodles

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on April 11, 2012

Feel free to shun me after I admit this, but I don’t like peanut noodles.  I see them all over and I see everyone freaking out over them.  I’ve even tried a couple different recipes because they look so good but I never liked them.  Weird, right?

I’m a huge fan of peanut butter and eat it buy the spoonful, so that’s not the problem.  I love tangy peanut sauce as a salad dressing, dip, or whatever, so that’s not the problem either.  They seem so awesome, you can eat them hot or cold, made just with noodles or a bunch of veggies too.  But nope, I guess I never tried the right recipe.  Now, you could make this recipe with peanut butter, but for some reason I love the sesame flavor more so I use tahini.  But even if you use peanut butter the sesame oil will make it taste sesame-y.  Go ahead and try saying that one out loud.  Sesame-y 🙂

I have another thing to admit… For the longest time I refused to buy bagged coleslaw mix.  Sure, it’s cheaper to buy a whole cabbage and chop it yourself.  I also don’t really like how thinly sliced some coleslaw mixes are because perfectly cooked is about two seconds away from mush.  In fact, I still usually buy the cabbage and carrots and chop them whenever I have time and keep them ready to go in the fridge.  But in the end, if you need a fast dinner and don’t have any time to prep the veggies, this can still totally be it.

And since I’ve been asked, and I know I will be asked again….  No baby yet! 😀

1 Eat good 4 life April 11, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I just posted some Asian dish as well…funny!! Anyhow, I do too love anything peanut butter. I make my own peanut dressing and one of my favorite pastas is a peanut butter version, I can’t leave without it!! Great dish. This reminds me I have to buy some soba noodles and get to work 🙂
Eat good 4 life recently posted..Brown rice Sushi salad

2 Kathryn April 12, 2012 at 2:30 am

Heh, I was wondering how you were getting on! I’m not a great fan of peanut noodles either, this looks like a much nicer alternative!
Kathryn recently posted..scenes from easter 2012

3 Yasmeen April 12, 2012 at 3:33 am

No shunning here, I don’t much like peanut noodles either 🙂

This looks divine. Happy to have found your blog today!
Yasmeen recently posted..Sesame Sauce (Tarator)

4 Chelsea @ Naturally Sweet Recipes April 12, 2012 at 8:28 am

Oh yum!!! What a great recipe!! Hope you enjoy the last little bit of pregnancy!!!
Chelsea @ Naturally Sweet Recipes recently posted..Healthy Orange Julius

5 Joanne April 12, 2012 at 10:09 am

Well, I DO love my peanut noodles…but I’m a pretty equal opportunist type of gal when it comes to sesame noodles. This recipe sounds so delicious!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Giant Chipotle White Beans {eat.live.be.}

6 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} April 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I miss sesame noodles! I can’t have soy right now because of Luke’s sensitivities. 🙁 This looks great–I’ll bet it’s really good with tahini!
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..How dinner went down: April 1st-7th

7 Stephanie April 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I drooled my way through this entire recipe. It looks so delicious and I love love love sesame flavor!
Stephanie recently posted..Birthdays

8 Sofia April 12, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your noodles look delicious. I often debate peanut or sesame oil when dressing noodles and stir fry, but never thought of using tahini. I also refuse to buy bagged coleslaw mix, but mostly because freshly shredded cabbage is a lot juicier, the bagged stuff is usually dry.
Sofia recently posted..Like a Liquid Chocolate Bar

9 chinmayie @ love food eat April 13, 2012 at 3:08 am

My kind of noodle bowl! YUM
chinmayie @ love food eat recently posted..Stuffed Bell Peppers (Vegan)

10 Nami | Just One Cookbook April 13, 2012 at 6:02 am

Aww what a pretty presentation of noodles! I love sesame seeds (you will see a guest post today on my blog using sesames for cupcakes!), and this looks something I’d love to eat!
Nami | Just One Cookbook recently posted..Sesame Cupcakes with Honey Meringue Frosting – Guest Post by T and Tea Cake

11 Anna @ On Anna's Plate April 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

Mmmm…these look awesome! I hope you’re staying comfy (as much as possible)…the last few weeks are so rough!

12 tasteofbeirut April 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I love that fusion of Asian and Near-Eastern! Here tahini is used like butter in France or mayo in the US, which is practically on almost everything!

13 The Café Sucré Farine April 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm

This looks so fresh and fabulous – I love meals like that and it seems like it would come together quite quickly too!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Cheddar Quiche with Asparagus & Bacon

14 Marsha @ The Harried Cook April 15, 2012 at 10:03 pm

That looks really delicious! I love sesame noodles and this plate of food looks so bright and appealing! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous recipe!
Marsha @ The Harried Cook recently posted..Bacon, Chives and Cream Cheese Rolls

15 Michelle@PeachyPalate April 16, 2012 at 1:08 am

So simple and fresh love it! Definitely making these at some point during the week.
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Yellow Plums