Fruit Power Salad

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on August 14, 2012

Who else could live off fruit?  Raise your hands!  You know I’m putting up both hands 😀  It must be this time of year that does it, it’s hot and I just want juicy, cold fruit all the time.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not complaining 🙂

Let’s talk about the name of this salad shall we… I wasn’t too sure of what to name this.  It’s not your typical fruit salad.  It’s full of super fruits!  So yes, you could take this as “fruit power!  salad”.  Or you could take it just as a salad that’s full of nutrition that just happens to be made with fruit.  Either way, what I mean to say with the title is that this salad is good and good for you.

That being said, you could use this mixture to top your green salad.  You could serve this for breakfast, either as a tasty side to your oatmeal or as the main attraction.  You could serve this in a little bowl beside your regular lunch.  Or you could even serve this for dessert after dinner.   It’s really all good.

1 Eat Good 4 Life August 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Loving the walnuts and coconut on this salad to add some crunch!! Liking the colors and the simplicity of it as well. I need simple right now!! Getting a little bit burnt this summer from all of the kitchen traffic/activity 🙂
Eat Good 4 Life recently posted..2 minute s’mores

2 heather August 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I totally am living off of fresh summer fruits – the peaches are amazing right now and the blueberries and blackberries are pretty awesome too!
heather recently posted..shop local, eat local: Laconia Farmers Markets

3 Kim@hungryhealthygirl August 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I could totally live off of fruit, especially in the summer! This looks very yummy!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Hey there 7 miles!! I sure missed you!

4 Kathryn August 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Fruit is so great at this time of year when you’re hungry but can’t really face anything to eat. Really like your additions to this fruit salad too!

5 Emily August 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

This fruit salad was amazing! I made it tonight with dinner and everyone took some, even the people who don’t like fruit that much! They all said it was great because it wasn’t just plain fruit ccut up in a bowl. It was delicious and colorful! Thanks for sharing!

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles August 14, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Wow, you tried it already? Awesome! I’m so glad it was enjoyed! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

7 Emily August 15, 2012 at 1:15 am

Haha, yes! It came across my Facebook feed while my son was napping and I was like, “I have to make this, it looks delicious”! And sure enough it was! I am eating some in the morning with yogurt and granola for breakfast!

8 The Café Sucré Farine August 15, 2012 at 6:02 am

Yummy Heidi, I’d like to order 3 please; one for breakfast, one for lunch and the last for dinner. They do look THAT good!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Roasted Tomato Gazpacho, No Peppers Please!

9 Good Food Good Friends August 15, 2012 at 6:11 am

Love this salad. It will be a perfect lunch for me. I can make a big bowl at the beginning on Sunday and eat from it all week. Perfect!
Good Food Good Friends recently posted..Pulled Pork

10 Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 15, 2012 at 8:39 am

Yum! I would love to have a dish of this for breakfast!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Raspberry and Cinnamon Almond Swirled Muffins

11 kyleen August 15, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I imagine that a bowl of this fruit salad would taste amazing with some granola and yogurt. I love the use of the shredded coconut. I like coconut, but I’ve never thought of putting it in my fruit salads. What a great idea!
kyleen recently posted..Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream

12 Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking August 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm

i love fruit salads and yours is so colorful, a power salad indeed. Great idea adding the coconut!
Roxana | Roxana’s Home Baking recently posted..Snack bars

13 Joanne August 16, 2012 at 4:15 am

I adore fruit and eat tons of it every day! This fruit salad sounds awesome. A real powerhouse salad of all my favorites!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Barley Salad with Roasted Summer Vegetables

14 Sarah (appifanie) August 16, 2012 at 5:57 am

Sometimes I think “oh fruititarians, I totally get you” – yummy!

15 Erin @ Texanerin Baking August 16, 2012 at 9:06 am

We only have apples available most of the year, and oranges in the winter, and so when summer strikes… I go fruit crazy! I buy kilos of each fruit at a time. I just have to get my fill. I get SO sick of apples. I really don’t know what I’ll do when the summer is over. Seriously. It’s like only apples until December or whenever the oranges come, and then only oranges until MAY. Ugh.

This looks great! And coconut, that’s interesting. And I definitely notice something different about your photos. 🙂 Woohoo!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Healthier Blueberry Frozen Yogurt