Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on August 21, 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

I’ll admit, I was skeptical about this recipe.  Zucchini just seems like such a wet vegetable, how could it bake up into crispy fries?  But it does.  And it’s awesome.  Sadly, my daughter didn’t like these, but they had been sitting long enough to be cold so I don’t blame her.  They do get soggy fairly fast, so eat them right away!  My son, who got them while they were fresh, actually ate a good portion of these so yay!

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Needless to say, I really liked these.  Zucchini isn’t one of those instant “I love it” type vegetables.  I don’t think I’ve ever not liked it, but it’s never been my favorite.  This year though…   I’m really going to miss them when they’re gone Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Look at that crispy, golden fry.  Even if you don’t like zucchini, you gotta admit that looks good Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

We ate these with a simple marinara sauce.  The recipe makes quite a bit so you could freeze it, keep it in the fridge for a few days until you make more fries or just mix it in with some pasta Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

Baked Zucchini Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce

1 Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} August 21, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I would take a whole bag of these right now at 10 pm. they look so crunchy and delicious! Yum!
Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jam Surprise Oat Scones

2 Heather August 22, 2012 at 9:51 am

I LOVE Zucchini Fries and I totally prefer Zucchini over Yellow Summer Squash – thanks for sharing these, they look incredible!
Heather recently posted..tabbouleh & one lovely blog award

3 Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Delicious! I would love to snack on some of these right now!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Raspberry White Chocolate Pecan Breakfast Cake

4 Erin @ Texanerin Baking August 23, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Zucchini fries?! You’re adventurous, Heidi! Maybe one day I can be so adventurous, but for now, I think I’ll have to stick to blending it with chocolate. :)

And yes, they look delicious! Despite what’s inside. :)
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Honey Sweetened Strawberry Blueberry Jam (pectin free)

5 Sarah August 30, 2012 at 4:25 am

Seems rather easy to make and zucchini’s also one of my favorite vegetables. We can however find them all year round here. Right now they’re very cheap but prices are quite okay during the rest of the year as well.

6 Terra September 6, 2012 at 9:22 pm

What a fun, healthy side dish! l love that you baked them, and they still stay crunchy! Awesome, Hugs, Terra

7 Laura @ Kneadwhine July 5, 2013 at 11:22 am

These look gorgeous – I’ve pinned them for a future go!
Laura @ Kneadwhine recently posted..Review: Bear’s Alphabites