Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on September 4, 2012

Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

So…. I was waiting for cherries and peaches and even tomatoes for what seemed like forever.  And now, all at once I have everything.  I’ve been seeing other bloggers enjoying these things for ages now, and just all of sudden local produce is ready and now it’s almost done.  So sad!  I have so many more recipes I want to share but maybe I wont get to.  As sad as it is, I’m planning out my pumpkin and sweet potato recipes already.  Expect a few more summery recipes to come though Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

That being said, I guess these could be served with all different kinds of fruit.  I mean really, there are so many different fruits that go well with chocolate, but cherries are up there, on my list at least.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

Of course, you can make these in any kind of shape or size, even larger mini pie pans like I used in my vegan banana cream pies, or you can even make these in a mini muffin tin.  I used some silicone mini muffin cups, but even if you have a metal tin you can press these into the tin and form them in the shape you want, freeze them until solid(or close to!) and then pull them out.  It may be a little more difficult, but still do-able if you don’t have other options Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Mini Tarts

1 september September 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm

ooh YES! this is NICE I’ll b making these this weekend thank u! As always….great recipes! so very appreciated..

2 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama September 4, 2012 at 7:23 pm

What an adorable little dessert! I’ve been using avocados in sweet foods all over the place lately. I love how creamy it makes puddings and fillings.
Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama recently posted..10 amazing health benefits of coconut oil

3 Kathryn September 4, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Oh these look wonderful!
Kathryn recently posted..august in a photo a day

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 5, 2012 at 12:44 am

These are adorable! I wish I hadn’t just finished the huge bag of cherries I had for what seemed liked forever. Hoping they’re still a decent price for another week or so because these NEED to happen.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Carnitas lettuce wraps with cherry peach salsa

5 chinmayie @ love food eat September 5, 2012 at 1:22 am

That is one decadent looking dessert! Pretty pretty :)
chinmayie @ love food eat recently posted..A Vegetarian’s Thailand (Photo Post – 3)

6 sally @ sallys baking addiction September 5, 2012 at 3:00 am

These tarts are ADORABLE! AT first, I was wondering how on earth they could be vegan! What gorges pictures too. Chocolate and cherries are such a fabulous combination. I love them together!
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal bars.

7 Sonia! The Healthy Foodie September 5, 2012 at 3:45 am

GORGEOUS!!! I want one of these cuties right now! What a great little dessert they are. Definitely pinning them!

And let’s enjoy every last bit of summer while we still can, for squash season is already here… And I’ve already started craving them!

8 Faith September 5, 2012 at 8:39 am

Oooh, these are so pretty! I love the flavors you’ve paired…chocolate + cherries are fantastic together!
Faith recently posted..Peanut Butter, Banana, & Honey Muffins

9 Alissa N September 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

I totally know what you mean about waiting (for what seems like forever) for produce, then it’s so tough to squeeze in everything you wanted to!! These look lovely!!
Alissa N recently posted..Grilled Pineapple with Mascarpone Cream

10 The Café Sucré Farine September 5, 2012 at 11:50 am

These are so cute and look delicious! Wow, avocado in the filling, I would have never guessed!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..A Farewell to Summer ………. Fresh Corn, Avocado & Mango Salad w/ Citrus-Basil Vinaigrette

11 Erin @ Texanerin Baking September 5, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m bummed about the departure of the summer produce, too. :(

But these look fantastic! And the pictures. Wow! Love the ingredients in these… so healthy. I’ve bookmarked for later!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..1st Blogiversary + Grain-free Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Balls

12 Eat Good 4 Life September 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Wow these look superb. I love the fact that the filling is using the avocado base. This is nothing but healthy even though it doesn’t look like it…a good thing!! You can fool any one with these little beauties.
Eat Good 4 Life recently posted..Whole wheat rum raisin and oatmeal cookies

13 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies September 6, 2012 at 8:51 am

WHOA. These look so rich and decadent, who would guess that they’re healthy?! I’m sorry your summer produce season is so fleeting–now I feel guilty for blogging about peaches and corn all summer. ;)
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies recently posted..Recipe | Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake

14 Heather September 6, 2012 at 10:27 am

You definitely can never go wrong with cherries and chocolate – Love that these are raw!

Isn’t it crazy how quickly summer flew by, I am getting anxious for fall foodie comforts though :)
Heather recently posted..tomato tart

15 Baking Serendipity September 6, 2012 at 1:21 pm

As excited as I am for pumpkin, I am so sad to think about cherry season ending. I love them paired with chocolate…especially in these tarts!
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Snickerdoodle Cups with Caramel Kisses

16 Lysa September 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Wow, these are so cute and look so delicious!! Amazing photos also. I just found your blog and I am glad I did!!

17 Sonja @ A Couple Cooks October 12, 2012 at 7:11 am

Heidi – I have been meaning to tell you that these look so delicious! I love the idea of the avocado filling – I’ve never tried a dessert with avocado yet but have been meaning to! Thanks for this idea :)
Sonja @ A Couple Cooks recently posted..Sweet as Honey

18 Lederreiniger February 22, 2013 at 8:42 am

Wow. Theese tarts are amazing. i love that you did mini-tarts, this looks so very nice with the cherry on top!

19 Heather July 9, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Hi there. I just made these and while they are very yummy, my crust is crumbly. I tend not to be super confident, creative or . . . well, very good in the kitchen. So I am wondering what I might have done wrong. I followed the directions exactly but froze them for only about an hour. Could that be the problem?

Other than the crust being crumbly they are very good and I will definitely make them again.

20 Heather July 9, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Ok, I figured out what I did wrong with the crust. The dates I used were dry rather than fresh. Oops. Like I said I’m not a genius in the kitchen. I look forward to making this again (soon) with fresh dates.

21 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 9, 2013 at 7:06 pm

That’s just what I was going to guess! You can fix that next time just by using a few more dates, or maybe even by adding tbsp of water if you don’t have fresh soft dates.

And don’t worry about not having much experience in the kitchen! Everyone has to start somewhere! :) If you have any other questions you can leave a comment or email me at fooddoodles@gmail.com and I can try to help :)

22 Anna January 13, 2014 at 10:39 am

The food looks great, but OMG – that baby! SO GORGEOUS! I could just eat her up!