Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Author: Heidi @ Food Doodles
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C milk(I prefer almond milk)
- 1 C mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ C chocolate chips
- ½ C chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lightly greasing.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and stir together well. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-38 minutes until golden. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you want to limit the amount of chocolate for breakfast feel free to just sprinkle the top with chocolate chips instead of mixing ½ cup in.
You can also add up to a half a cup of dried fruit to this if you'd like!
Recipe by Food Doodles at http://fooddoodles.com/2014/02/04/banana-chocolate-chip-baked-oatmeal/