Quinoa Chickpea Greek Salad
Author: Heidi @ Food Doodles
Yield: 4 large servings or 8 side servings
- 1 C dry quinoa, cooked in 2 C chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas(approx. 2 C)
- 5 C of your favorite Greek salad vegetables, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet peppers, onions, olives, etc.
- ½ - ¾ Greek Salad Dressing (recipe below)
- Fresh herbs as desired
- Feta cheese as desired
- Cook the quinoa in stock for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a large bowl.
- Cut the vegetables into small bite sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the at least mostly cooled quinoa and the dressing and any other ingredients you'd like, like fresh herbs or feta cheese.
- Stir all ingredients together and enjoy!
This salad can be served immediately but is also good even after a few days in the fridge so it can be made ahead.
Recipe by Food Doodles at http://fooddoodles.com/2015/06/17/quinoa-chickpea-greek-salad/