Apricot Cookie Dough Bites

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on March 22, 2011

apricotcookiedoughbites

If you’ve read my blog at all you know I make things like this quite frequently.  In fact we usually always have something similar stashed away in the fridge in case of a sweet tooth attack or a sudden toddler or baby meltdown.  My husband has been away all week(what am I saying, it’s only been 3 days…) and we’ve been in quite the munchy mood.  We haven’t really sat down to a real meal, except when someone else was cooking for us.  Instead it’s mostly smoothies, socca crackers(which I hope to post soon – they are amazing) and fresh fruit.  There could be worse food ruts to be in I guess.

I’m very glad I finally got to rolling these out and making raw “cookies”.  I think they’re so cute.  These were fairly large though so I kind of think of them as bars.  If you do roll them out, keep in mind they’re sticky so you might want to wrap them right away and put them in the fridge.  Again, if you use a sweetener other than honey they might stay sticky.  With honey these firm up in the fridge and don’t stick to one another.  No matter what you use they’ll still be yummy.  And if you don’t have the time to play with your food, just quickly press the mixture into a loaf pan and slice into bars.  Doesn’t get simpler than that 😀

1 Christie {Nourishing Eats} March 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Any ideas on what to use instead of the oat bran? I am intolerant to oats but am loving apricots and cashews these days!

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles March 23, 2011 at 3:31 pm

You could use more cashews, that way there will be more of a cashew flavor too 😀 Or you could try coconut, that would be really good too.

3 Jess@HealthyExposures March 23, 2011 at 9:11 pm

These look and sound so good. I’m also a fan of treats like this – and I love apricots!

4 Jenna March 24, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Yum! I also love apricots, and these look like a great and healthy treat.

5 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 24, 2011 at 3:21 pm

heidi these look awesome!

i love apricots!

thanks for all your great comments lately…and yes, FG and TS can be uber picky and you have no idea what they will or wont take!

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles March 24, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Thank you!

Haha, I’ve been studying up and trying to figure it out but it’s not helping. Some I totally agree they aren’t TS or FG material but others I have no clue whats wrong with them!

7 Lauren Hayes March 24, 2011 at 3:31 pm

yes please!!!

8 Maris (In Good Taste) March 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Oh boy those look yummy. I love the combination of ingredients.

9 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel March 24, 2011 at 8:03 pm

i love that u added oat bran too- it would give it such a nice texture when u chew on them- these looks so cute and delicious 🙂

10 Heidi @ Food Doodles March 25, 2011 at 11:45 am

I used it to try and make them seem doughy. I think it worked 😀 Thank you!

11 megi March 26, 2011 at 7:17 pm

What a great idea, I love raw dried fruit/nut snacks!

12 Sara October 11, 2012 at 10:47 am

Made some of these the other night using those same heart cookie cutters. Delicious! How many hearts do you usually get out of them? Also, do you know the nutrition info?

13 beth October 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Heidi,
Love your site and the picture of your baby girl. Your photos take a long time to download and I saw on an early note you wanted to be notified of this.
Thanks!

14 Heidi @ Food Doodles October 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

Thanks for letting me know! I’m in the process of getting things to work a little faster(although it’s going to take me a while!)