Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on April 20, 2011

Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

I’m always coming up with new ideas for oatmeal.  Of course there’s nothing wrong with the original oatmeal with milk and a little brown sugar, but I like to be creative with my breakfast and usually I don’t want a sugar topped breakfast to start my day.  I’ll be posting more oatmeal ideas in the future too.  I just tried this the other morning and I will be making it again for sure.  The kids couldn’t stay away either Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

Now to show you why I’ve kept my regular post fairly short… The lovely Lauren over at Peanut Butter and Ginger awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award!  How exciting!  I’m so honored, thank you Lauren!  Be sure to check out her blog, she has so many delicious ideas!

Here are the rules of accepting and passing on the Versatile Blogger award:

• Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
  • Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
  • Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so.
  • Let the giver of the award know you accept it…or not!

So here are my 7 random facts:

1. I’m an only child.  This might be(only a part of) why I love my inlaws so much.  My husband is one of 5 so… siblings!! Yay!

2. I don’t like pickles.  Pickle lovers, don’t hate me!  I love anything else pickled, beets, carrots, those little white onions… But actual regular pickles… Yuck!

3. I’ve always had long hair.  Well, I did cut it short once or twice when I was pregnant with my daughter, but it was still long enough to tie up.  I love my hair long, I’ll never cut it off again.  It may be curly and wild, but I love it.

4. I’m not quite 5’2″.  People make fun of my shortness… But again, it’s something I love about myself.  I have no desire to be taller.

5. I hate math.  It is just not my thing.  At all.

6. I love rain.  There’s something super cozy about being inside on a really rainy day.  Or maybe I love it so much because I grew up in Vancouver.  Isn’t that like, the rain capital of the world?  Ok, maybe just Canada Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

7. I have no allergies.  I can’t think of a single thing that makes me sneeze, itch or break out into a rash.  I’m super fortunate that way.

I’m adding a number 8… I’m really shy(or used to be – I’m trying not to be!) It was so difficult to think of 7 random facts, haha.  Probably much harder than it needed to be.

And now to pass it on… well actually a lot of bloggers that I’d like to nominate have already done it so I’ll just pass it on to anyone that reads my blog(is that cheating?  Or being lazy… maybe).  If you haven’t gotten this award, or done this before, I nominate you!  I’d love to come read your 7 facts on your blog so if you do this, leave me a link so I can come learn about you Healthy Mocha Oatmeal(and the Versatile Blogger Award!)

1 Lauren (PB&G) April 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm

What a great idea to pass it on to bloggers that read your blog! I had so many people I wanted to nominate – I should have done that! =)

Thank you so much for such sweet words! It was great to read your random things.. I love to just sit inside all curled up during a major rain/thunder storm! It really is the best!

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I’m so glad you think so! I thought that might be considered cheating, haha.
Thank you again for the award. It was actually really fun :D

3 ThE DiVa DiSh April 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Mocha is my fav flavor!! i would love these!! and i won’t hate you even if you hate pickles :)

4 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 20, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Yay, I’m so glad! I was a little nervous posting that one :D Mocha is totally my favorite flavor right now. I’ve always liked it but now I’m loving it in everything :)

5 Lisa April 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Great random facts :)

Mocha oatmeal—-mmmmmmmmmmm!

6 Lauren Hayes April 20, 2011 at 5:48 pm

That oatmeal sounds delicious!

I also love rain and being cozy inside on a rainy day :)

7 Jess@HealthyExposures April 20, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I loved reading your random facts! I always enjoy learning more about the bloggers I enjoy hearing from :] I was painfully shy growing up, too; I’m still a more reserved kind of person which I just find ironic since I have a blog that anyone can read :P
Love the mocha oatmeal, too! When I had oatmeal on a daily basis, I loved cooking it up in already brewed coffee.

8 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 21, 2011 at 8:38 am

That’s a much better way to describe it. I’m still very reserved. It is funny that we have blogs. I think this is a good outlet for me. I have no problem writing to people but if I have to speak to someone in person I put it off and put it off.
Mmm, I bet that oatmeal was so good. I’d actually have to have a coffee maker or something for that though, haha.

9 Memoria April 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I’m a shy, only child, too!! I also feel uncomfortable around crowds of people unless I’m with someone I know well. But enough about me (haha), let’s talk about that yummy-looking oatmeal! I’m totally going to make this soon since I’ve been eating oatmeal every morning for over two weeks now. I never use milk in my oatmeal just to keep calories low (and I only have skim milk in my place), but I may add a bit of milk for this recipe. Thank you for sharing this recipe and the great photos!

10 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 21, 2011 at 8:34 am

Glad to know I’m not the only one! I’ve mostly grown out of it now… But I still have shy tendencies! As for the oatmeal… I just find adding a little milk helps it mix better, especially after the oatmeal has been refrigerated. If you don’t want to add milk you can always just add a little bit of water.

11 Maris (In Good Taste) April 21, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Mocha oatmeal is definitely going to be tried in my house! Yum!

12 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 21, 2011 at 6:04 pm

great facts and congrats on your award.

mocha oats…yes please! :)

13 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama April 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I need to put some cocoa in my oats one of these days! It makes me hungry just thinking about it. :-)

14 megi April 22, 2011 at 5:18 am

Mocha oatmeal sounds delicious, I make a larger batch and heat it in the morning for my daughter, it makes things so much easier!

15 The Teenage Taste April 22, 2011 at 6:14 am

Congrats on receiving the blogger award! You deserve it!
I liked reading the 7 facts. I used to love math, but now I’m taking Geometry and I hate it. Haha. Have a great weekend! :-D

16 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Thank you! I hope you have a great weekend too!

17 Jenny April 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I just found your blog through foodgawker! Omg those oats look amazing, I’m such a junkie. I have yet to add instant coffee in my oats. Gotta give this a go :D

18 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Awesome! I hope you like it :D

19 beyondbananas April 24, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Oatmeal is my favorite! This looks so yummy.. mocha?!.. yes please!