Soothing Lemon Ginger and Honey Tea

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on April 30, 2011

This is my beverage of choice today.  Actually, I took these pictures yesterday because I made this tea for the kids and with my sister-in-law in mind.  My daughter and sister-in-law came down with this cold/flu/whatever this is the other day and then my son and I came down with it last night.  The kids couldn’t get enough of this yesterday so whether your sick or not – it’s so good.  And everything in it is so good for you, especially when you’re sick.

So if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go brew a pot and lay in bed… Haha, no!  We’re going to take prom pictures of my little brother-in-law and his lovely girlfriend later this afternoon.  I’m so excited!  The tea will have to wait 🙂

1 Lauren Hayes April 30, 2011 at 6:14 pm

This tea sounds amazing right now! Im feeling sick and I think this is just what the doctor ordered 🙂

Thank you!

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 1, 2011 at 7:13 am

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! I hope the tea helps 😀

3 Lisa May 1, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I love tea with ginger and lemon! Actually, I just tried some macaroons that were ginger lemon flavored, and they would be great with that tea. Hope all the sick people feel better quickly 🙂

4 emily May 1, 2011 at 7:00 pm

this sounds amazing, especially because i feel a cold coming on. 🙁 i have been using my coffee maker to brew hot water for tea (I guess I should buy a tea kettle) to help me drink more.

5 Faith May 2, 2011 at 5:01 am

I really love the addition of ginger here, I will definitely be trying that next time a make a pot of honey lemon tea! I hope you and everyone else are feeling better!

6 ThE DiVa DiSh May 2, 2011 at 8:31 am

Yummy tea! SOunds like it warms the soul! I love prom! That is so cute that you are going to go take pictures! 🙂 Fun times!

7 Spicie Foodie May 4, 2011 at 11:47 am

This is also one of my favorite teas. Hot or cold, ill or healthy it just tastes great.
Spicie Foodie recently posted..Picadillo and Cinco Recipes for Cinco de Mayo