BBQ Black Bean Pizza

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on May 11, 2011

BBQ Black Bean Pizza

When I first saw this combination I thought it was a little weird too, but now it’s honestly, my favorite kind of pizza.  I love bbq pizza but I hate not making it myself.  I know I say it all the time, but you just can’t beat knowing exactly what has gone into your food.  Plus it saves a ton of money.  The original dough recipe(which makes a ton of pizza) costs just over a dollar according to Beth at Budget Bytes And the toppings really don’t cost very much.  I would really recommend making half as much pizza as this recipe makes because it really is a lot.  I have some suggestions at the bottom on how to use the remaining dough.

BBQ Black Bean Pizza

BBQ Black Bean Pizza

1 Ragnhild May 11, 2011 at 5:03 pm

That looks really good! I have a recipe for pizza with beans too, that I have been meaning to make for a couple of.. years, actually:P I think it might be time I do something about that! thanks for the reminder :)

2 tia @ buttercreambarbie May 12, 2011 at 12:41 am

mmm that looks great! crust looks amazing.
tia @ buttercreambarbie recently posted..Roasted Vegetable Rolls

3 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 12, 2011 at 2:10 am

I am digging this! I’m wondering how cheddar and/ or pepper jack would go with it. Sounds so yummy!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Deconstructed

4 Shumaila May 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

This looks so invitingly good! Bookmarking the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Shumaila recently posted..Garam Masala Tuesdays- Butter Chicken

5 kristy May 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

This is definitley something different on my plate. Looks really tempting. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.
Best regards,
Kristy
kristy recently posted..Homemade Gardenia Butterscotch Loaf

6 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I’ve never thought to make a pizza with black beans before, looks amazing! :D

7 Jess@Healthy Exposures May 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

This looks awesome! I love BBQ sauce and imagine it being perfect with black beans and on a pizza; but I never would have thought to combine it all together!
Jess@Healthy Exposures recently posted..My Very First WIAW!

8 Maria Kleinschmidt May 15, 2011 at 6:51 am

Hi, just hopped over to this web site from digg. This isn’t not an article I would normally read, but I liked your spin on it. Thanks for making a blog post worth reading!