Roasted Snap Peas with Feta and Almonds

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 4, 2012

Remember how I said I probably wouldn’t do much more roasted vegetables now that it’s getting warmer?  Um, just forget about that, OK?  😀

Usually fresh peas barely make it into the house in the summer.  We always plant plenty of edible podded peas and somehow 90% of them get eaten in the garden.  These didn’t come from our garden, I just couldn’t wait so I ended up buying some(and hid some away to try this out!).  I had heard of roasting snap peas but never tried it, so this was my chance.  I didn’t want just plain roasted snap peas so this happened.

I’ll be totally honest – I didn’t think it would be this spectacular of a combination, but it was so delicious I had to post it.  I ate this for lunch.  Just this, nothing else.  Even the kids had a bowlful each!  The sweet peas, salty cheese and toasty roasted nuts.  Yum!  Could not have been better.  And it didn’t take too long in the oven.  I think I’ll be roasting more veggies than I think this summer.

Just a couple notes, I’ll be closing the entries for the Coconut Oil Giveaway later today, so enter now if you haven’t already and I’ll announce the winner in my post tomorrow.  Thank you to everyone that’s filled out the Food Doodles Survey, your help is so appreciated! If you haven’t already, please fill it out and leave me some constructive criticism or just some recipe suggestions.

1 Kathryn June 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm

These sound really delicious. We had snap peas for dinner tonight but I wish we’d had them like this! A great combination with feta and almonds.
Kathryn recently posted..may in a photo a day

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I never would’ve thought to roast those! All the flavors sound delicious together.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Fennel chicken cheddar panini

3 chinmayie @ love food eat June 5, 2012 at 4:22 am

That can be my favorite dinner! Looks so good!
chinmayie @ love food eat recently posted..Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars (Oil-Free + White Sugar Free with Just 4 Ingredients)

4 Joanne June 5, 2012 at 5:05 am

Snap peas are one of my favorite summer addictions but when I buy them, they rarely get cooked with…I just eat them all before I have a chance to do anything with them! Love the sound of this dish…I might have to find some snap pea self control to make it!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Savory Tomato Crisp {the food matters project}

5 Heather June 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

We have the sam problem, our sweet peas rarely make it from the garden to the house!

I love the idea of roasted snap peas, this method must make them super sweet
Heather recently posted..classic veggie burger

6 Alison June 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm

made these for dinner tonight…delicious. great idea. I subbed goat cheese b/c I didn’t have feta, but the goat cheese burned a bit. probably should have put it in half way through. it was still really good. can’t wait to make it again. thanks!

7 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen June 6, 2012 at 5:38 pm

What a great combo! I’ve never tried roasting snap peas before, I’ve got to try this.
Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen recently posted..Honeyed White Wine Poached Apricots with Yogurt and Pistachios

8 Gosia June 21, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I know what you mean…. I, too, eat the peas right in the garden, so every time I see a nice recipe made with lovely fresh peas like the one you present here, I sigh with longing. One of these days I’ll make it, too. It sure looks absolutely delicious, for now though, the peas get eaten before we manage to enter the house. Oh, well!
Gosia recently posted..Comment on Got Covered! by Niki