Vegan Pina Colada Smoothie

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 15, 2012

Remember how I said I was living off smoothies? Well, I still am to a lesser extent.  My little one(who is 2 months old already.  How fast did that go?!) is practically living in a sling so that I have 2 hands to prepare meals and snacks, but I’m still in such a smoothie mood.  I can’t get enough of them.

I also can’t get enough of coconut and pineapple right now.  So delicious!  I have another recipe with the same flavors coming up soon, maybe next week.

And the thing is, smoothies don’t have to be complicated to taste amazing.  Take this one for example.  So delicious, but only 4 ingredients?  And it tastes like dessert to me, how awesome is that?  I think this would be great frozen into popsicles too!

If you like the taste of coconut extract, add a couple drops to your drink.  This smoothie does taste like coconut but not fake coconut, if you know what I mean.  I’ve found that most people who think they don’t like coconut don’t mind the natural coconut flavor.

1 Kathryn June 16, 2012 at 4:12 am

This sounds like such a delicious and refreshing smoothie!
Kathryn recently posted..pasta with lemon, parsley and parmesan

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 16, 2012 at 8:35 am

I wish I had a pool in the backyard to sip this by 🙂
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Egg & cheese stuffed sweet potatoes

3 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies June 18, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I’m on a smoothie kick too–I think it’s the heat! This one is definitely going on my list to try. Oh, and we have the same straws! 🙂
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies recently posted..Recipe | Spicy Mango Pizza with Black Beans & Zucchini

4 Cassie June 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I would love to have one of these right now. I love pineapple and love that this is vegan!

5 Heather June 19, 2012 at 4:58 pm

When warmer weather hits I can never get enough of smoothies – I love your idea of making these into popsicles!
Heather recently posted..roasted garden radish salad

6 Nicole, RD June 20, 2012 at 7:42 pm

This sounds soooo refreshing! 🙂 Perfect for summer!
Nicole, RD recently posted..RD Q&A + a few moving pics

7 Erin @ Texanerin Baking June 21, 2012 at 6:20 am

This looks AMAZING! So creamy and I love the flavors! But gosh darned bananas. I hope they come out with a banana allergy antidote soon so that I can eat yummy stuff like this. 🙂
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Honey Sweetened Strawberry Jam (without pectin)

8 Dee November 8, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I made this and it’s the most amazingly delicious smoothie I’ve EVER made! Thanks for the recipe!