Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 25, 2012

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

Call me crazy, but I love chia seed pudding.  I know a lot of people don’t.  Usually it’s a texture thing.  If you like tapioca pudding, chances are you will like chia seed pudding, but it’s not a guarantee because it’s different.  Like, really different.  Even after it’s sat overnight the seeds still have a tiny bit of a “crunch” to them and the seeds get stuck in your teeth and bug you, which is what bothers me the most, but something as delicious and easy as this pudding is worth it Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

I usually make a chocolate chia seed pudding, which is so delicious with almost any fresh fruit or even just by itself.  I think it was the fresh pineapple that convinced me to try a coconut version and trust me, it’s amazing.  This pudding is pretty rich, which is good with fresh fruit but if you want to make it a little lighter or just want to enjoy it on it’s own, you can try subbing coconut milk from a carton in place of the can of coconut milk, which should be about 1 1/2 cups.

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

I hope you’ll excuse the short post, I’m having a great day in the kitchen for the first time in a good week and a half and don’t want to waste any of the day!  See you back here tomorrow for another recipe!

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed Pudding

1 Cara June 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm

It took me a little while, but I love chia seed pudding too. Chocolate for me, please!
Cara recently posted..Lebanese-Style Stuffed Artichokes

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 25, 2012 at 9:39 pm

You’re not crazy, I love chia pudding too! But I also love tapioca so I’m pretty sure I’m not normal when it comes to the weird texture things. I’ve made it with coconut milk before but never pineapple. I’ll have to throw some in next time :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cheddar quinoa bites

3 Kathryn June 26, 2012 at 2:28 am

I’ve never tried chia seed pudding but I did notice that my local grocery store has started stocking them so I might have to try it!
Kathryn recently posted..strawberry and crème fraiche cake

4 Joanne June 26, 2012 at 5:06 am

I have a bag of chia seeds that I NEVER use so I should make this pudding! I’ve yet to encounter a pudding that I don’t like so I’m sure I’ll love this!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Warm Fava Shallot Barley Salad

5 Heather June 26, 2012 at 7:21 am

I love Coconut Quinoa Pudding so I am thinking I might like this as well, although I am thinking that I may start off with the Chocolate version and see how it goes :)
Heather recently posted..strawberry almond breakfast cake

6 Nicole, RD June 26, 2012 at 7:33 am

Creative! I am loving chia seeds :)

7 Erin @ Texanerin Baking June 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

I think I’d like to try chia seeds but they haven’t been approved for human consumption in the EU. Or maybe it’s just Germany. Booo!

But you know what? I REALLY want pineapple now. Your pictures are making me crave pineapple more than I ever have.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Sugar-free Strawberry Apple Sauce

8 2peasandapot June 28, 2012 at 7:07 am

really nice! reminds me of a place near us.

9 Hillary February 23, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I’ll join the chia pudding crazy club! Love it! I put some dried cranberries and ginger. I don’t put any sweetner in. The cranberries make it sweetened.