Vegan Maple Walnut Popsicles (or Soft Serve Ice Cream!)

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 26, 2012

These are my favorite popsicles!  Healthy, delicious and taste like my favorite ice cream?  Yes please!

I do feel a little guilty though.  This is, of course, a healthy version of maple walnut ice cream.  These remind me of the flavor and that’s why I named them after it, not because it’s a perfect replica of it.

That being said, these do taste like banana.  But if you like bananas, after a few bites you don’t even taste the banana anymore, just the wonderful maple-y walnut flavor.  Yummy 😀

This is also an amazing ice cream.  Either served immediately(even though it’s a little too soft for my tastes) or put into a container and stuck into the freezer for when you want it.  No ice cream maker, and scoopable straight from the freezer.  I love bananas!  I’m so sorry if you can’t have bananas or just don’t like them.  This one isn’t for you 🙁  I’m working on some delicious non-banana popsicles next!  It would help if we actually got some warm weather.

That’s right, it’s cold and rainy here and I still had to post these – they are that good 😀  I did however do some baking today that I can’t wait to share with you.  I mostly wanted to bake because I wanted to warm up the house without turning the heat on – how sad is that for the end of June?!  I’m hoping to post some savory recipes later this week, but the cookies I made today might need to make an appearance too!  In the meantime – try these popsicles!  Or just try them as ice cream – I’m telling you, they’re so delicious.  It’s still cold in my house but I think I’m going to have one for an afternoon snack 😀

1 Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes June 26, 2012 at 10:32 pm

These look great! I personally love banana flavor in ice cream. I bet it pairs well with the maple and nuts. Yum!
Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispies

2 chinmayie @ love food eat June 27, 2012 at 1:05 am

I love love banana and I am so glad I like it. This is a great idea!

3 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies June 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Well, it’s not cold and rainy here, so I’m glad you shared this! 😀 I keep most of these ingredients on hand (although I just used the last of my bananas!), so this would be one of those great make-on-a-whim type of recipes.
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies recently posted..5 Super Easy Three Ingredient Side Dishes

4 Joanne June 28, 2012 at 5:03 am

I would LOVE to have something healthy delicious like this in my freezer for when an ice cream craving hits!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Spanish White Bean Tortilla with Piri Piri Sauce {eat.live.be}

5 Good Food Good Friends June 28, 2012 at 5:14 am

I love putting maple syrup and walnuts on vanilla icecream! I WILL be making these very soon!
Good Food Good Friends recently posted..No-bake Nutella Cheesecake

6 Erin June 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I was looking forward to trying this until I found out it had unbaked/uncooked banana!! Allergic to unbaked/uncooked banana!! 🙁 But I might be able to make it for the Hubby!! 😀

7 It's Carmen June 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Oh wow. That’s making my mouth water. I want to try this recipe as soon as humanly possible. Seems so simple.

8 Heather July 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

I need to so make the ice cream version of this!
Heather recently posted..foodie pen pals!

{ 2 trackbacks }