Asparagus Scramble

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on May 22, 2011

Well this weekend has been crazy.  Then again I feel like that every weekend.  Then again, it’s not every weekend our car dies and our basement floods. Although our weekend continues till tomorrow because it’s a long weekend for us here so that might make up for yesterday’s events.  No worries though, it’s nothing too serious.  Our car should be fixed later this week(and hopefully wont cost too much) and our basement is at least something that we know how to fix and is taken care of for now(plus it didn’t really flood, just got a little wet – saying it flooded is so much more dramatic :D).  I’ll get into it more at a later time because it’s kind of interesting, we actually have an open well in our basement that’s filled with water all the time.  But I’ll save that for another post.

We did however get a chance to go to the farmers market and get some asparagus(and rhubarb!) and we had a chance to drive out and get some of our yummy local eggs before anything happened to our car so this is a mostly local dish 🙂

This has been my lunch lately, although it would make a pretty awesome breakfast too(and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?  So really, any meal of the day).  We have an excess of veggies in the fridge that need to be eaten and I’ve almost fallen out of love with roasted veggies.  I still love them, but I think I’m a bit sick of them since I’ve been roasting everything in sight.  Plus, this makes one serving and I don’t really want to turn on the oven just for one servings worth of vegetables.  I also love veggies that are just barely cooked and still firm and crunchy which is how I cook this asparagus 🙂

1 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 22, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I love asparagus but I’ve never had it with eggs before, looks yummy 😀

2 megi May 23, 2011 at 5:32 am

This would make the perfect long weekend breakfast/brunch or a delicious weeknight meal. I love barely cooked veggies in omelettes and scramled eggs. Hope your car and basement get fixed soon.

3 Ashley @ The Drunk Squash May 23, 2011 at 11:17 am

Asparagus in eggs is definitely one of my favorites too, though right now I have pickled asparagus, rather than slightly cooked, and those have been making a heavy rotation in my scrambles.
Good luck with the car and basement, crazy sounding weekend indeed!
Ashley @ The Drunk Squash recently posted..Beets- Carrots- Feta- What a Process…

4 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 24, 2011 at 10:25 am

Yum! I love pickled asparagus! Never thought to cook with them though

5 Kristen @ Change of Pace May 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Love this! I like that you can really add any green veggie… brocolli, spinach, asparagus… YUM!

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 24, 2011 at 10:23 am

Absolutely! I especially love broccoli and mushrooms together in this. So yummy 🙂

7 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

This is the perfect way to use up extra veggies! I love eggs.
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Strawberry-Tomato Salsa

8 Lisa May 23, 2011 at 7:00 pm

This sounds like a great combo! I’m definitely going to try this—we just got some asparagus from the garden and eggs from a farm!
Lisa recently posted..Misdirection and Phasing Out- How I Kick a Coffee Addiction

9 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 24, 2011 at 10:27 am

Awesome! I love local meals 😀

10 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 23, 2011 at 9:37 pm

“I also love veggies that are just barely cooked and still firm and crunchy which is how I cook this asparagus”
–THAT’s how I want ALL veggies cooked. Which is why I am a fan of raw food b/c it seems with cooked or roasted it can go from great and nicely roasted to a pile of mush for me in no time flat. lol

Your eggs + asparagus look wonderful! And a nearly local meal..yay!

so sorry about ALL the drama for you guys this weekend…hang in there!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Monday- Funday

11 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 24, 2011 at 10:22 am

Yes! Nothing worse than mushy veggies 🙁
Thank you!

12 Ryan @ Aloha Appetite May 23, 2011 at 10:34 pm

This looks light and refreshing. Definitely up my alley.
Ryan @ Aloha Appetite recently posted..Motivation Monday

13 jocelyn March 27, 2015 at 11:17 am

I try this already its yummy and delicious