Well this weekend has been crazy. Then again I feel like that every weekend. Then again, it’s not every weekend our car dies and our basement floods. Although our weekend continues till tomorrow because it’s a long weekend for us here so that might make up for yesterday’s events. No worries though, it’s nothing too serious. Our car should be fixed later this week(and hopefully wont cost too much) and our basement is at least something that we know how to fix and is taken care of for now(plus it didn’t really flood, just got a little wet – saying it flooded is so much more dramatic :D). I’ll get into it more at a later time because it’s kind of interesting, we actually have an open well in our basement that’s filled with water all the time. But I’ll save that for another post.
We did however get a chance to go to the farmers market and get some asparagus(and rhubarb!) and we had a chance to drive out and get some of our yummy local eggs before anything happened to our car so this is a mostly local dish 🙂
This has been my lunch lately, although it would make a pretty awesome breakfast too(and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? So really, any meal of the day). We have an excess of veggies in the fridge that need to be eaten and I’ve almost fallen out of love with roasted veggies. I still love them, but I think I’m a bit sick of them since I’ve been roasting everything in sight. Plus, this makes one serving and I don’t really want to turn on the oven just for one servings worth of vegetables. I also love veggies that are just barely cooked and still firm and crunchy which is how I cook this asparagus 🙂
- 1-2 teaspoon oil
- 2 large eggs beaten with a tbsp or so of water and a pinch of salt
- 6-7 asparagus spears woody ends snapped off and cut into bite sized chunks
- 2-3 whole green onions sliced, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a small pan over medium heat add the oil and when hot add the asparagus and the green onions and cook just a few minutes till the asparagus turns brighter green. Sprinkle very lightly with salt and add the eggs. Let cook a couple minutes till the bottom has cooked. Turn over and scramble till the eggs reach your desired done-ness. Sprinkle with cheese 1-2 minutes before it's finished cooking them immediately transfer to a bowl or plate and serve.