Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on March 2, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

So I have made a clafoutis here on Food Doodles before, but this months column in our local paper was on eggs and I could not get a clafoutis out of my mind, so here it is!  I mixed things up by using blueberries this time.  I love blueberries so much.  They’re my favorite berry, but occasionally I’ll go crazy for strawberries too.  I kind of think it has something to do with the seeds that makes me not enjoy raspberries and blackberries as much, but who knows?

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

So I also used frozen berries in this one, which is why the top is completely purple.  The color does bleed a lot, but at least it’s a pretty color, right?  I also used khorsasan/Kamut flour for this one, and as you can see in some of the pictures, it formed almost a crust on the bottom with a much more custardy layer on top of that, and then all the blueberries on the very top.  I have no idea if that was the flour, or maybe because I used frozen berries or maybe because I really loaded it up with berries?  The last one I posted didn’t turn out like that at all, but I used fresh raspberries, and whole wheat pastry flour for that one.  Either way it was still delicious and still a go-to dessert for me.  I’ll admit, I even had some for breakfast the next morning Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

In other news…. Food Doodles just recently turned one!  Which means I’ve been blogging for an entire year!  That is incredibly hard to believe, I can’t believe how fast the time has gone(even though I did take almost 2 whole months off in the middle!)  I can’t believe how much things have changed around here, how much I’ve learned, and how much I still enjoy blogging!  But most of all I’m thankful to my readers.  Really, without you, Food Doodles would be nothing, so thank you!

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

I’m looking forward to a lot more good food, a lot of learning experiences for me and a ton more improvements around here in the future.  If there’s anything you’d like to see, or like to see more of(or less of ;)) here on Food Doodles, let me know!  I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas you have for me Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis

1 Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook) March 2, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I just adore the combination of lemon and blueberries…this looks delicious!
Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook) recently posted..Creamy Egg Marinara Breakfast Dip

2 Lisa March 2, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Congrats on your anniversary! Looks delicious AND beautiful! Will be my Easter treat for work.
I would love to see more vegetarian dishes that would please even a meat eater!

3 Marsha @ The Harried Cook March 2, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Wow! That looks picture perfect!!! I absolutely love the beautiful clafoutis! Pinning it! And the combination of blueberries and citrus can’t be beat… Thanks for sharing! Stunning dish!
Marsha @ The Harried Cook recently posted..White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies (and an announcement)

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I’ll be honest, while i’ve definitely eaten it before, I really had no idea what made a clafoutis well, a “clafoutis” until I just googled it. This version looks delicious. Blueberries are one of my favorite berries in desserts and one of those things I buy year round regardless of whether they’re in season or not.
Congrats on hitting the 1 year mark! I just hit publish on my 300th post the other day and thought “wow, I sure do have a lot to say!” haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Raw brownie bites

5 Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 3, 2012 at 6:02 am

I definitely don’t mind the bleeding color, this sounds delicious!

6 mellissa @ ibreatheimhungry March 3, 2012 at 6:16 am

Blueberries and lemon is one one of my favorite combinations! This looks pretty AND delicious! Congrats on turning one and here’s to another great year!

7 Erin @ Texanerin Baking March 3, 2012 at 6:24 am

I love the purple! I’ve never had clafoutis but this one looks delicious. I’m so ready for blueberry season.

I had no idea that you had been blogging for only one year. I love the variety of things you post so I have no suggestions. :)
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Chocolate Protein Truffles

8 Hungry Native March 4, 2012 at 7:22 am

Looks great, love the vibrant color. Congrats on your milestone, our blog turns 1 year old today!

9 Jane March 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

Congrats on your anniversary! This looks absolutely lovely, I love blueberries!
Jane recently posted..Coconut Banana Bread

10 Yo March 4, 2012 at 9:35 am

Looks beautiful and yummy!

11 Baking Serendipity March 4, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Happy one year! I have never made a clafoutis before, but yours looks fantastic! I love blueberries (frozen or fresh!) too :)
Baking Serendipity recently posted..365: Week Nine

12 The Café Sucré Farine March 5, 2012 at 6:13 am

Heidi, this is so……… pretty! Lemon and blueberries, seems like a match made in heaven to me!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Roasted Chicken Breasts w/ Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary

13 Sarah March 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

Your photos of this clafoutis are beautiful! (And it looks tasty too:)

14 Nora @ Natural noshing March 5, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Happy One Year of Blogging!!!! You have a wonderful thing going here at Food Doodles, here’s to many more yummy recipes from your creative kitchen! :)
I really need to make a clafoutis! Seriously your recipes and photos are urging me on to make a gluten free version — can’t wait to have a little time to myself so I can experiment!
thanks so much for sharing – I too love blueberries :)
Nora @ Natural noshing recently posted..Bread Pudding Solution!

15 Katie {Epicurean Mom Blog} March 5, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Heidi, this is beautiful!! Love how the blueberries bled that gorgeous purple color! This recipe sounds fantastic!!
Katie {Epicurean Mom Blog} recently posted..Triple Chocolate Crackle Cookies

16 Sonia The Healthy Foodie March 6, 2012 at 11:29 am

Woo! Happy blogiversary Heidi, and huge congrats to you! I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to celebrate than by enjoying a huge slice of this gorgeous blueberry clafoutis. This is one seriously decadent looking dessert! I saw it on pinterest and pinned it before I even knew it was from you… I thought it looked very familiar, though, so I wasn’t at all surprised to land here after clicking on the image.

Awesome work, Heidi! Mouthwatering pics and great recipes. Just keep it up, that’s all I can say! Oh, and we want pictures of the little one! ;)
Sonia The Healthy Foodie recently posted..Creamy Chicken Avocado and Goat Cheese Salad

17 Amy @ Gastronome Tart March 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I have only made a clafoutis one time and it was a cranberry version. Absolutely delicious and made me wonder why I never made it before. However with this recipe (I LOVE lemon desserts) I may have clafoutis on the mind too! Congrats on turning one!
Amy @ Gastronome Tart recently posted..Ultimate Coconut Cake

18 Rikki March 6, 2012 at 8:32 pm

This is so beautiful! I love the combination of blueberries & lemon.
Rikki recently posted..Fresh Asparagus Ribbon Salad

19 beti March 7, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I love the color of this clafoutis and the combination of blueberries with lemon is perfect for spring
beti recently posted..Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

20 Nicole, RD March 12, 2012 at 5:57 pm

This looks absolutely amazing…it will be made :)

21 Ruth March 13, 2012 at 7:49 am

Oh my! This looks divine!!
I am a blueberry addict and will be trying this for sure!!

Thanks :D
Ruth recently posted..Tender Writing

22 Lizeth Monroy August 4, 2012 at 9:25 am

My 3 year old and I just made the Lemon Blueberry Clafoutis! It was a great activity to do with my son and now we get to it!!! LOVE IT! THANKS :-)