Grilled Pineapple Salsa

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on May 10, 2012

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

Have you ever been to Foodie.com?  I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here on Food Doodles before, but I’m a part of the Foodie 100 and also a part of the Glam Author program where I get a chance to try products and participate in events that might interest you and I.  This time around I couldn’t resist working with Dole on a recipe to enter for their contest, taking place on their facebook page.  Prizes include $10,000 for the winner of the 2012 Dole California Cook Off and $1,000 for the two runners up.  Not to mention a trip to California for the cook-off!  Sounds fun, right?  There’s also a sweepstakes that you can enter by entering your email address to win a trip to California to be a judge in the contest plus $500.  Just click to logo above to go to their facebook page where you can enter both contests.

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

For the contest, I’m submitting a grilled pineapple salsa. We’ve been eating a ton of salsa since I first canned some last summer.  I do like fresh salsas too, but I did something different this time and added grilled pineapple.  I wasn’t sure of how it would turn out, but trust me, it’s amazing!  Smokey, sweet, perfect.  I will do it again.

I know cilantro is either a love-it or hate-it ingredient, so if you don’t like it feel free to leave it out or sub some parsley instead as I’ve noted in the recipe.  I found out the hard way that my husband does not like cilantro(OK, it’s not so hard since it means I don’t have to share this salsa!) but I will make this again without it, for sure.

How do you feel about cilantro?  What’s your favorite fresh herb?  Mine is absolutely, without a doubt, basil!

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

For my recipe for Grilled Pineapple Salsa, click over to my post on Foodie.com.

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

Compensation was provided by Dole via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dole.

1 Blog is the New Black May 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm

This looks insanely delish! I heart cilantro and basil, as well!

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen May 10, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I just bought a pineapple today! I think some of it may be destined for this :) Favorite herb is a serious toss up between basil and cilantro. Both scream summer to me :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Chicken parmesan muffins

3 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen May 11, 2012 at 5:00 am

I’m on the fence about cilantro, I don’t reach for it when I’m creating recipes but I’ll happily eat it. I think my favorite herbs are basil and thyme by far though!
Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen recently posted..Eating in Good Health

4 Baking Serendipity May 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I’ve never thought to grill pineapple before! I love the idea…and cilantro, and this salsa! Good luck in the contest :)
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Peanut Butter and Banana Graham Cracker Sandwiches

5 Heather May 12, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I LOVE Pineapple Salsa izing it is so amazing, I have never made my own before – yours looks incredible!

Justin hates Cilantro – he thinks it tastes soapy? I like a little cilantro…My all time favorite fresh herb hands down is basil – the smell is intoxicating wafting from the Garden!
Heather recently posted..chocolate cinnamon tea bread

6 The Café Sucré Farine May 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Heidi, this salsa looks so fresh and delicious! YUM!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Love at First Bite – Strawberry Balsamic Pizza w/ Roasted Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon

7 Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) May 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I love cilantro! It definitely makes the salsa! Corn and black bean salsa with fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro is heaven!
Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) recently posted..One Word

8 megan May 12, 2012 at 9:26 pm

i only tried pineapple salsa the other day at a market! AMAZING. i’ll be sure to give this a go. glad to have stopped by your blog. feel free to visit me sometime x
megan recently posted..berry & banana buckwheat chia pancakes (gf)

9 Roxana GreenGirl { A little bit of everything} May 12, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I love love grilled pineapple and love salsa! I don’ cake much for cilantro and if I have to choose one herb, hmm, that’s hard because I love mint and basil just as much!
Roxana GreenGirl { A little bit of everything} recently posted..San Diego Strawberry Muffins

10 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious May 13, 2012 at 1:05 am

This looks so refreshing! I could imagine eating this with everything and anything, starting from chips to topping them off on some burgers. YUM!
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted..Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries

11 Susmitha - Veganosaurus May 13, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I looooove cilantro!! It’s my favorite herb, followed closely by mint. I enjoy all the other herbs too, but these two are at the top of my list. We use a LOT of cilantro in South Indian cooking. It goes into chutneys, kosumbaris (traditional salads) and on top of most cooked vegetable or rice dishes as a garnish.

Your pineapple salsa sounds absolutely delicious!!
Susmitha – Veganosaurus recently posted..Chia Chow: guest post by GiGi of Veganville

12 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking May 14, 2012 at 9:46 am

I love pineapple salsas and yours looks perfect, Heidi! In fact, grilled pineapple is AMAZING in guacamole, too. If you’ve never tried it, please do!

13 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 14, 2012 at 7:11 pm

That sounds so good! I’ll put that on my list to try :D

14 Marsha @ The Harried Cook May 15, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I’ve really fallen behind on visiting my favorite blogs. I’m sorry I haven’t visited you in a while… this salsa looks amazing! I’ve made pineapple salsa before, but never with grilled pineapple! Sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing :)
Marsha @ The Harried Cook recently posted..Sun Cake: Celebrating 100 posts & Summer!