Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on May 23, 2012

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

I will warn you – I could not control myself with the camera with these.  Especially not after this, the second batch, because by then I knew they were amazing.  So I’ll also warn you that these bars are just as irresistible to eat as they are to look at!

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

These are slightly more tart than regular lemon bars but they’re incredibly rich.  They aren’t your average lemon bars, but I guess the whole grain flour and the honey in the filling might be why.  Those two are definitely what make these awesome though.  Oh yeah, and the raspberries!

It’s not raspberry season here yet, but I know it is in other places so I thought it would be a good time to post these, even though I made them with frozen berries.  But secretly, I was just too excited about this recipe to hold onto it :)  You could use fresh berries as well, just make sure the amount of pulp and juice is the same because fresh berries will measure differently than frozen.

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

This recipe is how we like these best, but they need to be kept chilled as the filling is very gooey and will be too soft if left at room temperature.  If you’d rather enjoy these at room temperature up the whole grain flour in the filling to 1/3 C and the filling will be firm enough at room temperature to hold their shape.  We prefer them gooey though Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

I’m feeling a bit scatterbrained(and rushed, among other things) today, so I hope you wont mind if I just leave you with some more pictures :)  And the recipe, of course!

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

Inspired by Jaime’s Raspberry Lemonade Bars on Sophistimom but adapted from my own Lemon Bar recipe.

Whole Grain, Honey Sweetened Raspberry Lemonade Bars

1 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 23, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Those bars are downright pretty!
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Making it work {guest post}

2 Kathryn May 24, 2012 at 3:04 am

Such a pretty colour and they sound so tasty!
Kathryn recently posted..almond and rosemary shortbread

3 Angie@Angie's Recipes May 24, 2012 at 7:52 am

I am in LOVE with these raspberry bars! Gorgeous colours.
Angie@Angie’s Recipes recently posted..Sweet Potato Salad with Baby Spinach and Feta

4 Jen@thefithousewife May 24, 2012 at 8:31 am

Yum! I love lemon bars, and I love raspberry…these are perfect!
Jen@thefithousewife recently posted..Rocky Road Cheesecake

5 Heather May 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

The color is so beautiful and vivid!

I bet these would taste fantastic on a hot Summer dat straight from the fridge :)
Heather recently posted..maple chipotle sweet potato burger

6 Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes May 25, 2012 at 7:55 am

What a perfect summer treat! These sound so refreshing and delicious! Way to go!

7 Katie {Epicurean Mom Blog} May 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

These are amazing Heidi!!! So brilliant and beautiful AND perfect for memorial day weekend!!
Katie {Epicurean Mom Blog} recently posted..Summer Cucumber Salad

8 Baking Serendipity May 25, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I love the color in these bars…and of course the raspberries! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of raspberries and lemon this summer :)
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Summer Favorites (Giveaway!)

9 Gosia June 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm

They do look absolutely fabulous. I don’t think I needed the warning, knowing instantly how tempting they would be. I want to make them so badly, but what’s ‘soft wheat’ or whole wheat pastry flour… help, please!!!
Gosia recently posted..Comment on Happy as a Clam at High Tide by Gosia Maj

10 Erin @ Texanerin Baking July 9, 2013 at 2:24 pm

These are SO good! I made a half batch because I just had to make these, although I’ve made about 8 other desserts in the last two days, and hope to get good pictures tomorrow! :)

The topping is perfect. So is the crust. LOVE this recipe! Thanks, Heidi!

And I read somewhere that you have a massive raspberry patch. This sounds like the world’s best problem. Ever. ;)
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Chocolate Popsicles – With a Secret Ingredient!

11 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 9, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Yay! I’m so glad you like them! I feel like making more already :D

Yes! Actually it’s my inlaws raspberry patch but really, it’s huge. I picked 12 lbs just in a couple hours this morning alone. I wish you could come pick some! :D

12 Erin @ Texanerin Baking July 12, 2013 at 1:29 pm

12 pounds?! Oh wow. You lucky girl. 12 pounds of raspberries at the store would cost a fortune! And I’m assuming they’re organic, meaning that’d cost… a very big fortune. ;)

My post of these bars will be up soon! Just have to finish it. :)