Baked Eggs in Potato Skins

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 28, 2012

Baked Eggs in Potato Skins

How is it already Thursday?!  I hope everyone else’s week is going by as quickly as mine, although I almost wish I had more time this week!  In any case I’ve been running back and forth to the kitchen all day today.  It’s finally gorgeous and sunny(but not too hot!) so we spent some time out in the backyard on the swing set and in the sandbox and I still need to get to work on some more popsicle recipes.  Even though it’s supposed to rain some more it is definitely popsicle weather now!

Baked Eggs in Potato Skins

So I thought I liked baked eggs more than I actually do.  In reality I like my whites very well cooked and my yolks not so much.  Baked eggs don’t get as firm as I like which is why I like frying eggs usually(and why I liked these more as leftovers than fresh).  At the same time,  I still enjoyed these for a fun breakfast(or even breakfast for dinner!) and my son really did too.  The fun thing about these, is if you let them cool enough to handle, the potato skins let you pick your eggs up and eat them with your fingers.  Fun!  Drizzle these with ketchup and serve along with some fruit and have an awesome breakfast!

Baked Eggs in Potato Skins

Baked Eggs in Potato Skins

1 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 28, 2012 at 6:24 pm

This is a fun recipe! Love it. I bet this would be great with a sweet potato, too. :-)
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Grain-free carrot coconut muffins

2 Baking Serendipity June 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I love baked eggs, but have never made them in potato skins before. This is a great idea!
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Cashew and White Chocolate Chip Pizookie with Blueberry Ice Cream

3 Sonia! The Healthy Foodie June 29, 2012 at 7:33 am

LOVE this idea!!! The old me would’ve totally added bacon to the deal.

But I never said that…

The new me wants to try this with spinach… wow, what a yummy breakfast! :)
Sonia! The Healthy Foodie recently posted..Collard Greens, Blue Cheese and Apple Salad

4 Shannon July 1, 2012 at 3:27 am

Love this idea! combined two of my favorite foods!
Do you think this would taste any good with a sweet potato to make it a little healthier? Or not really?

5 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I think this would be awesome with a sweet potato! Different of course, but it would be great in it’s own way! I think I need to do a sweet potato version with some different flavors :)

6 Gosia July 2, 2012 at 2:17 pm

This is an amazing recipe. My mouth instantly is telling me this is the food I’d love almost too much. I’ve recently discovered baked eggs and now the method has become the staple in the kitchen. I can’t wait to test these. Heidi, thanks so much for the recipe. By the way, yes the time trickles away way too fast – hope, you’ll have time to slow down a tad this summer.
Gosia recently posted..Comment on On this Day in 2010: Morning Lake by Iza

7 Mayank July 13, 2012 at 4:07 am

Thanks a ton. Just tried it. Amazing combination of crisp and soft.
Mayank recently posted.."The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys."

8 Kathy December 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Wow……I can’t believe I have never thought of something like this before but now that you have enlightened me onto something like this I will be letting my imagination go wild! I can’t wait until morning! I am going to bake the potatoes tonight so that I will be all ready to go!!! Thanks so much!

9 Julie June 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm

These blew me away. I love eggs, and I love potatoes, so this caught my eye immediately. We bake our “fried eggs” so this goes along with that idea. I plan to post my version soon, and will give you all the credit girl. Thanks so much, and I will let you know when I do it.

10 Tina November 23, 2013 at 4:02 pm

splendid combination with a nice cup of tea