Mango Lassi Popsicles

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on July 30, 2012

I have to say I’m so glad you enjoyed the post yesterday!  I really enjoyed doing it and can’t wait to do more 🙂  If you missed it, check it out and let me know what you think!

The post for today… More popsicles!

OK, I know popsicles are getting old, but I make so many different varieties!  I’m sure my kids would be fine with the same kinds over and over again, but I’m the one that gets bored.  I am so glad I keep experimenting though, these are so good!  I wish I had more in the freezer, but I’m moving onto another flavor today.  I’m thinking of making blueberry froyo popsicles later today 🙂

But for now I need to get busy and clean out my reader that’s been piling up all weekend and all day today 🙁  Anyone else drowning in reading?  I love reading so many blogs, but it’s amazing how much time it takes!

These popsicles are so creamy –  like a mango creamsicle!  I’m sure it’s partially due to the fact that I use full fat yogurt, but I’m sure it’s also because mangos aren’t a particularly watery fruit, if you understand what I mean.

As for the cardamom, I’m sure not everyone has this in their spice cupboard, but if you have it, add it!  It’s such a cooling spice that makes these even more refreshing.  I love the flavor of cardamom but I love using it in summer desserts because of it’s cooling effect too.  I especially like it in warm desserts, like fruit crisps and cobblers 🙂

1 Joanne July 30, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I love cardamom in desserts! And more than that I love mango lassis. So delicious. I can definitely see how they make great popsicles!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Roasted Potatoes, Zucchini and Corn Tostadas with Romesco Sauce (food matters project}

2 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal July 30, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I actually tried mango lassi for the first time on Thursday night at this Pakistani restaurant in Chicago cause they’re our client and had us eat there and asked me to snap some pictures while I was at it… Mango Lassi was yummy. Sweet but subtle. So I bet these popsicles are even better! I can already imagine it. Great recipe 🙂
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals July

3 Kathryn July 31, 2012 at 2:10 am

I don’t think popsicles can ever get old! Love the touch of cardamom in these, they sound creamy and wonderful and so full of flavour!
Kathryn recently posted..blackberry and coconut olive oil cake

4 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} July 31, 2012 at 5:40 am

I love seeing all your frozen creations. 🙂 Also, I’m not sure if it’s new, but I just noticed it, the picture of you and Baby is precious!! I’m with you on the blog posts piling up in Reader. I try so hard to stay caught up, but it’s hard. I love reading so many blogs, too, but it is time consuming!
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Double chocolate strawberry baked oatmeal cups

5 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 31, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Aw, thank you! It is new 🙂
It is so hard keeping caught up! It was great to have things to read when I was nursing all the time, but now that she’s not nursing so frequently I can’t keep up!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 31, 2012 at 8:09 am

“Anyone else drowning in reading? I love reading so many blogs, but it’s amazing how much time it takes!” <— Um, yes! That is my life for the past month. Or, more like I can skim them but not have enough time to comment how I'd like to!
Mango lassis (is that even how you pluralize that?) are amazing so turning them into a popsicle is genius. I need popsicle molds badly!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sweet corn, peach & honey mustard chicken salad

7 Heidi @ Food Doodles July 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm

That’s exactly it!

8 The Café Sucré Farine August 1, 2012 at 8:15 am

Heidi, what a fun, delicious and BEAUTIFUL looking treat!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Delightful Any Time of the Day – Herbed Naan (from 5 Minute Dough!)

9 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 13, 2012 at 10:31 am

Your popsicles look wonderful! Like a mango creamsicle – I’m sold. And cute molds. I’ve been looking for some new ones in a shape and size like yours.

10 rosemary wilson May 4, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Pop cycles I have several gluton free boys in my class sounds good for me and them.

{ 2 trackbacks }