Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Bars

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on August 1, 2012

Two posts in one day?  I know it’s a little weird, but I didn’t want to leave you without a new recipe today 🙂  Plus, I’m liking the Monday, Wednesday, Friday thing that’s been going on around here lately and I don’t want to mix that up.

So onto these bars.  Sometimes I feel like I’m alone, but I looooove oatmeal raisin cookies.  Most people prefer chocolate over raisins(I’m not going to lie, so do I) but when done right, oatmeal raisin cookies are awesome.

These aren’t exactly oatmeal raisin cookies, but they are a deliciously acceptable substitute until the weather cools down.  You have no idea how much baking I want to do for when it does cool down 🙂

Yes, you could omit the “frosting” on these and roll the dough into little bite sized balls.  The frosting does have honey in it(so not everyone will consider these vegan), and I’m not entirely sure if anything else would work.  You could just dust these with a little more cinnamon since these are definitely sweet enough on their own.

I also wanted to let you know, I’ve written a Disclaimers page which you can find a link to on the bottom of my About page as well.  In the very near future I’ll be writing a Privacy Policy and a Work With Me page, if you’re wondering.  I’m also thinking of starting a series of posts on blogging.  Not too frequently and nothing too serious since I really don’t know much at all.  But maybe I could share a little bit of what I’ve learned so far.  Let me know what you think of the idea!  I hope you’re having a fantastic week!

1 Erin @ Texanerin Baking August 1, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Well I LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies. I have this on my to-do list for tomorrow morning. And omit the frosting? No way. No no no. It’s staying. Do they taste strongly of walnuts, though? I really dislike walnuts. But if I can’t taste them, then it’s all good. I’d love to be able to have a way to consume walnuts without actually tasting them. Healthy buggers they are. 🙂
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..100% Whole Grain White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies

2 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} August 1, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I love that you put frosting on these! They look so good. I love oatmeal raisin cookies, too. I pretty much like all cookies, really. 🙂

I’d love to hear your thoughts on blogging. I love hearing other bloggers’ perspectives and learning new things.
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Operation eat more vegetables update

3 Nami | Just One Cookbook August 2, 2012 at 12:59 am

Hi Heidi! It’s wonderful that you can keep up with 3 posts a week – I gave up after doing that for my first year and this year I’m just keeping just two posts and that’s it. hehe. These are yummy cookie dough bars! I love oatmeal & raisin cookies now but I wasn’t a big fan of oatmeal until a few years ago. Wish I have some of these at home. I’d be so happy!
Nami | Just One Cookbook recently posted..Smoked Baby Back Ribs

4 Kathryn August 2, 2012 at 3:28 am

I was craving an oatmeal raisin cookie yesterday and now this awesome recipes comes along! Perfect timing!
Kathryn recently posted..eton mess & a surprise virtual hen party

5 Heather August 2, 2012 at 11:28 am

Wow these look incredible- and Raw, amazing Heidi!
Heather recently posted..unbruschetta

6 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies August 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I get all weird about my posting schedule too. Well, not saying that you’re weird, but I feel like I need to be consistent at all times too. If I change my schedule for a week, I feel really unsettled. 😉

Anyway! These look delicious. I can’t believe you figured out a way to make oatmeal raisin cookies raw!
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies recently posted..Recipe | Mango Black Bean Salad (and How to Cut a Mango)

7 Erin @ Texanerin Baking August 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I made them! I left out the coconut and added a bunch more oats and oat bran and formed them into little balls. Even with a ton of extra oats, they were still plenty sweet. I need to check my dates and raisins and see if they were sweetened. I haven’t made the frosting yet but these really don’t even need it. But they have to be pretty so I’m going to add it. 🙂

Thanks for an awesome recipe! LOVE that it only uses fruit as the sweetener.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Blueberry Maple Syrup Sauce

8 Alaine @ My GF & DF Living August 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I love raw desserts. How is it they taste so good?? I can’t wait to try this recipe. These are perfect for these hot summer days when I just do not want to turn on the oven!
Alaine @ My GF & DF Living recently posted..BBQ Tofu Salad

9 Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking August 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

as much as I love baking, from time to time I love making no bake treats and these sound like a great pick-me-up treat.
I hope you’ll decide to write your thoughts on blogging. I’d love to read them!
Roxana | Roxana’s Home Baking recently posted..Walnut blondies

10 Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes August 2, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I’m with ya – trying to limit my use of the oven until the weather cools down. I love summer but looking forward to fall! These look amazing!

11 chinmayie @ love food eat August 3, 2012 at 3:55 am

I too love oatmeal raisin cookies and this looks like a superb alternative!
chinmayie @ love food eat recently posted..Healthier Breakfast Hot Chocolate

12 september August 3, 2012 at 7:16 am

I am making these this week,thanks for the recipe, they look YUMMY!

13 ally August 3, 2012 at 10:15 am

oh my, what a lovely recipe!! i adore oatmeal & cinnamon.. these are my kind of treats!
xo
ally recently posted..91.

14 Tony @ Swanson August 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm

These look fantastic. I love oatmeal raisin cookies. Enjoy trying to eat more raw and usually have most of these ingredients on hand. Thanks for the recipe.
Tony @ Swanson recently posted..Swanson Summer Sweepstakes 2012!

15 September Christina August 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

ok, just wanted 2 say, i made these and they were SO GOOD! Thanks…this is exactly what I need…recipes like this…more and more 😀

16 Heidi @ Food Doodles August 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

I’m so glad you liked them! Thanks for letting me know!

17 Sarah (appifanie) August 17, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies!
Sarah (appifanie) recently posted..Kiddo’s Sandwich

18 Susie September 1, 2012 at 9:57 am

Thanks for the idea! This is just what I needed this morning.
Susie recently posted..Weekly Photo Challenge: Urban

19 Tamar September 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for the idea! I made this with some minor tweaks and they were delicious and devoured before I could pack them away. Coming soon on Little Toast!
Tamar recently posted..Challah (Braided Egg Bread)

20 Monica Hoskind January 7, 2013 at 7:36 am

Just a quick tip after noticing the vegan dilemma, use agave instead of honey 🙂 just not the liquid ones, make sure its the thicker consistency. Amazing looking recipe! Well be making this later today!

21 christina April 11, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I made these about 6 times last month and they were a hit!!! Thank you! Do you have a food instagram?

22 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I’m so glad you like them!! Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. I’m sorry I don’t have instagram!

23 Mumzie May 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm

These are very much like a concoction I have made for 35 years since my first child was a baby. 1/3 oats, 1/3 raw peanuts and 1/3 raisins….grind together and press into a pan. Yummy and healthy. I have added different nuts and dried fruits as well, but the most economical is just oats, peanuts and raisins. My grown kids still love them!

{ 1 trackback }