Do I ever have a treat for you today! I honestly, could not wait to share these, they are amazing. I’ve seen cheesecake popsicles around the internet for a while now. I thought they sounded good but kind of shrugged them off. Until I thought of using Greek yogurt in them. Sure, cream cheese is full of fat, but the Greek yogurt is creamy and rich(and healthy!) without all the fat. Could these actually be healthy little treats?
Um, YES! I could hardly believe it when I calculated the nutrition information. I even did it three times to be sure! And the nutrition information was generated using regular store bought graham cracker crumbs when I used my own homemade graham crackers which are much healthier(if I do say so myself).
These amazing popsicles came out to be not even 200 calories each even with full fat cream cheese. I don’t recommend low fat anything but I did put a little note in the nutrition info for anyone that was curious what the calories would be using low fat cream cheese. I did calculate both without the chocolate though, which I found way too hard to calculate, but who’s counting a little bit of dark chocolate. We all know that’s good for us by now right?
I’m seriously so excited about these popsicles. They’re like a dream. They’re so creamy and decadent and really do taste like cheesecake. I even added a little lemon juice to give them that cheesecake tanginess. So good! You really need to give these a try! You will not be disappointed, I promise
And since we’re still on the subject of these popsicles, I think these would be delicious with so many different flavors. I absolutely loved these made with strawberries, but I’ve seen others made with raspberries or cherries and I’m thinking more of these popsicles are in my near future
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!
- 4 oz cream cheese(low fat will work)
- ¾ C plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- ¼C + 2 tbsp honey, divided, plus 1 tbsp extra for the cheesecake mixture if sweeter popsicles are desired
- 1 C fresh strawberries(or frozen and thawed)
For the graham cracker crust:
- ⅓ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
For the chocolate coating:
- Homemade Chocolate Magic Shell
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until softened. Slowly add one spoonful of yogurt at a time until combined to ensure it will be smooth. To the cream cheese yogurt mixture add the vanilla, lemon juice, salt and ¼ C honey. Mix well and set aside.
- For the strawberries, mash with a fork. If using previously frozen berries, drain the excess juice off the berries and mash. Stir in the 2 tbsp of honey then swirl the sweetened strawberries into the "cheesecake" mixture. Fill popsicles moulds.
- For the graham cracker crust simply stir together the graham cracker crumbs with 1 tbsp melted butter. When fully combined add one large spoonful to each popsicle and press down gently. Place the sticks in the popsicles and freeze until completely solid.
- If coating in chocolate make at least 4 oz chocolate(melted with coconut oil) to coat all popsicles. I didn't measure exactly how much coating the popsicles will use, but extra magic shell isn't a bad thing ;) Once the magic shell is melted and stirred together cool until room temperature. Remove popsicles from the freezer and immediately dip in the chocolate. Hold the popsicle for a minute or two until the chocolate hardens then set down or return to the freezer while dipping the rest until ready to serve.