I’m taking a little time to unplug this week but I thought I’d pop in with at least one recipe. A super simple, cold dessert type drink for you. Have you ever had a date shake? If you haven’t, let me tell you they’re amazing. But there’s something about putting a whole ton of dates with another ton of ice cream that kind of bothers me. I’ve been eating way too much sugar lately, so this is a still amazingly sweet, but way less sugar version of a date shake.
And did I mention this shake is so simple? Any other moms feeling a little worn out this time of year? I definitely need some simple recipes right now. For us school starts in less than two weeks. We’re packing in a few things we wanted to do this summer but haven’t done yet plus a little bit more back to school shopping and I desperately need a little time to unplug and then it will be back to regular schedule. Yay!
So I hope you’ll enjoy this super simple sweet snack or dessert and enjoy the rest of your summer! I’ll be back next week with a roundup of school lunch ideas for your little ones including lots of snacks, granola bars, larabar style bars, healthy cookies(including some nut-free ones) and some healthy lunches you can send with or without a thermos.
- 2-3 soft Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk, plus more to blend if necessary
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- dash vanilla(optional)
- If using harder dates, roughly chop, cover with almond milk and let sit 20-30 minutes before blending.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until as smooth as possible(there will still be some small date pieces left).
- Serve immediately.