These clean eating cashew chocolate chip cookie larabars are the best! When you’re craving something sweet, these are the perfect thing to have on hand and they’re so healthy too!
These bars are as good as clean eating gets. Seriously. I almost think I enjoy these more that a regular chocolate chip cookie, and that’s saying a lot!
I also couldn’t help but snap a million pictures of these beauties. Sorry I’m not sorry 🙂
I have a bit of a cold today so I’m going to be brief and just talk about the food 😉 These bars are amazing. Even if you’ve never tried a Larabar before, please give these a try. They have so few ingredients but they turn into something amazing and amazingly good for you. Sure, they’re calorie heavy but they are all natural and so satisfying!
I left the serving size out of the recipe for these because it’s really up to you. If you want to use these as a large snack you may only get 8-10 bars but if you want to make them a sweet bite sized treat just for when you’re craving something sweet you’ll get quite a few more. As always you can roll these into balls if you don’t want to cut them into bars. And you can blend the chocolate into the “dough” to make things a little easier. Enjoy!
- 1 C raw cashews
- 1¾ C Medjool dates, pitted
- Generous dash of good quality vanilla
- Generous pinch sea salt
- ¼ - ½ C semi sweet or dark chocolate chips or your favorite dark chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining with plastic wrap for easy removal of the bars.
- In a food processor, process cashews until no large pieces remain, being careful not to over process and turn them into butter. Remove the cashews from the food processor and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and blend until no large pieces remain, the dates may form a ball of "dough" in the food processor.
- Break up the date "dough" and add the vanilla, salt and cashews back to the food processor. Process until completely mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press down gently so that the mixture is evenly spread in the pan then sprinkle with chocolate chips as desired. Press the bars down firmly, making sure the chocolate chips aren't just sitting on top.
- Remove the bars from the loaf pan and cut as desired. Wrap individually and store on the counter or in the fridge for up to a month.