Cool, creamy and sweet peanut butter freezer fudge cups topped with your favorite dark chocolate. These are the perfect sweet treats to keep hidden in the freezer for when you need something sweet!
Time for something sweet! I can’t help myself. I’ve been making this freezer fudge for a loooooong time. It’s really the best freezer fudge, ever! This recipe is adapted from the amazing Almond Butter Freezer Fudge recipe on the Detoxinista’s website. I, of course made these with peanut butter, but almond butter works exactly the same and is delicious too!
As you can see I made these in a regular sized muffin tin, but I would really recommend making these in a mini muffin tin. I usually cut these large ones in half, but I’d definitely eat more than one mini one at a time, so whatever you prefer 🙂
So a word of warning, these really can’t spend much time out of the freezer. You really need to enjoy them straight out of the freezer, which I have not found to be a problem 😉 Also, I want to mention, you can leave these plain or you can decorate the tops! Sprinkle with crushed peanuts, flaky sea salt or even swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together. Yummy! Enjoy!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- ⅓ C honey
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 2 pinches sea salt(if your peanut butter has added salt, omit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4.5 oz your favorite dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Crushed peanuts or flaky sea salt to top(optional)
- Line a regular muffin tin or a mini muffin tin with paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl warm the peanut butter, honey, the ¼ cup coconut oil and sea salt. Add the vanilla and stir all together until smooth. Divide evenly among all 12 regular or 24 mini lined muffin cups.
- Chop the chocolate. In another bowl add the chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Warm in the microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter cups.
- When done, decorate the top of the cups with crushed peanuts, flaky sea salt, or with a toothpick by swirling the peanut butter and chocolate together, if desired.
- Place in the freezer and freeze until solid. When solid, remove from the muffin tin and place in an airtight container to store in the freezer.