Apple pie in small, bite sized Larabar bites. Made from dates, nuts and dried fruit, they are so good for you but not only are they healthy, they will stop any craving! They are so delicious!
It’s time I finally share these delicious little bites with you! You should know I’m a huge fan of Larabars, but I’m an even bigger fan of making them myself. I almost always keep an airtight container of these delicious little bites in the fridge. I make all kinds of flavors, but this one was particularly delicious. I’ve sent it in my kids lunches recently, and since they keep sneaking them out of the fridge I thought it was time to share the recipe with you. If you’re craving apple pie, these are totally for you 🙂
Apple Pie Larabar Bites
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dry apples
- Dash of vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- To a food processor add the nuts and blend until no large pieces remain. Remove and place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the dates and apples to the food processor and blend until a "dough" forms.
- Break apart the dough with a butter knife, sprinkle the ground up nuts over top along with the vanilla, salt, lemon zest and juice and cinnamon and cloves.
- Process until evenly distributed then pour out into a lined loaf pan and press down firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing into small bite sized squares. You may also roll the dough into small, bite sized balls if you prefer. Store in the fridge.