I don’t know how I could have forgotten about these no bake cinnamon cranberry granola bars for so long. I took these pictures when I was still pregnant intending to post these after my little girl was born when I couldn’t spend any time in the kitchen, but I ended up never posting them. And now I’m looking down at an almost 3 month old on my lap. How does that happen?! Anyways… don’t let the fact that I’ve taken so long to post these deter you from trying them. They are so simple and so delicious. And no-bake! I couldn’t ask for anything better right now 😀
I made this particular batch with a crunchy homemade cereal that I still haven’t perfected enough to share with you. Maybe once the weather cools down a bit I’ll be able to work on it some more but since it involves the oven I’ll be avoiding it for now. Since then I’ve used Erewhon cereals, like their crispy brown rice. I can’t wait to try some more ideas with their cereals.
So yesterday was a crazy catch-up day, that I ended up never catching-up on. You know those dreams where you’re running and everything keeps getting further away? That was yesterday for me. Anyways, I still have things on my list carried over from yesterday so I’m going to quickly post this recipe(which I meant to post yesterday!). Even though these are pretty sweet, this is one of my favorite simple granola bar recipes, and adaptable too. I’ve used some walnuts in place of some of the cranberries(in the bars pictured) and of course, chocolate chips would work great, just be careful of them melting when you mix the hot liquid ingredients. This was originally inspired by and adapted from these No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from Lauren’s Latest.
I should mention though that this recipe does not work with maple syrup. I haven’t tried anything else, but I’m assuming that this particular recipe will only work with honey. I tried using maple syrup and ended up serving the crumbles over yogurt. They were yummy, but definitely not bars.
Chewy Cinnamon Cranberry No-Bake Granola Bars
- 2 cup old fashioned rolled oats certified gluten free for gluten free bars
- 1/2 cup crispy cereal such as a crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil alternatively, use butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Lightly grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the oats, crispy cereal and cranberries and set aside.
- In a small pot combine the coconut oil, brown sugar, honey and pinch of salt. Heat the mixture up and stir well to completely dissolve the brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Once completely combined, pour the mixture into the prepared 8x8 pan and press down very well with a spatula(lightly oiled if the mixture is sticking). Cool completely before cutting into 10 bars(if they seem to pull apart while cutting into bars, place in the fridge for 20 minutes before slicing). Wrap individually in paper or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.