I really didn’t want to post another sweet thing today. I never thought I’d say it, but I’ve had enough sweets for a while. Between the crisp(plus another kind of crisp we made this weekend as well but didn’t have time to photo because it was gone so fast) and the cupcakes that I’ll post tomorrow and a healthy vegan ice cream cake that I made on the weekend(that will be posted sometime this week) and other sweets here and there, I think I’m all sweeted out. You know, for a couple days at least.
I was actually quite surprised by this recipe. I had made pasta and cheese sauce for the hubby but I wanted something with veggies in it for myself so I decided to try this. It was amazingly good! Although I’m not sure if I really enjoyed the sweetness from the peas, but it wasn’t overwhelming and the garlic and Parmesan was amazing. Even my daughter(who also enjoyed eating all the frozen peas from my photo shoot) really enjoyed it. I’m also guessing it would be great as a dip with veggies or crackers or even spread on the inside of a sandwich. I will be trying that soon 🙂
Green Pea Pesto
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Cook enough pasta for two in salted boiling water. Blend all ingredients for the pesto in a blender or small food processor. Once the mixture is smooth add about 1/2 C of water(water from cooking your pasta works well) and blend, adding more liquid as needed to get the correct consistency. Serve over hot whole grain noodles with extra Parmesan cheese on top.