Well today is a beautiful day here where we live, so I thought this froyo would be perfect to share! This froyo is so bright and sunshiny, I just love it.
And not just because it looks pretty, but because it is so good. I was enjoying a bowl of honey Greek yogurt and fresh pineapple when I realized it would be an awesome combo frozen. And now here it is 🙂
Here is my disclaimer though. If you’ve ever made a healthier version of ice cream you’ll know what I’m talking about.
You see how my pictures look like I scooped this awesome froyo? Well, I didn’t actually.
As soon as it was done in the ice cream machine I scooped it onto a chilled baking sheet and then froze it until solid. The first time I made this I used fat-free yogurt and it froze as solid as ice. By the way, here are some more great Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Recipes!
The second time I made this I used 2% and it was still pretty solid, but a little better. I’ve written it into the recipe, but I think the best way to serve this might be to pour it into a loaf pan and when ready to serve dip the pan into hot water to remove the froyo, then slice it with a serrated bread knife. That way the froyo can sit for a couple of minutes and be perfect to enjoy without having to chisel it out of a container.
Now that that’s out of the way, I really hope it won’t stop you from trying this frozen yogurt. It’s so delicious, and good for you it can hardly be called dessert. Even as a low-fat treat it’s still thick and creamy and being so high in protein this makes a great snack that will fill your craving for something sweet, but also fill you up too.
So even if it’s not sunny and nice where you are, save this recipe for when it is because it will be so perfect this summer. Trust me! This Cinnamon Fried Pineapple also looks fantastic!
Honey Pineapple Greek Froyo
- 3 C plain Greek Yogurt low fat is fine, but higher fat yogurt will be easier to "scoop"
- 1/3 C mild flavored honey + 1 tbsp extra
- 1-2 tbsp pineapple juice or lemon juice
- 2-3 C fresh pineapple chopped into small bite sized pieces and frozen overnight
- In a bowl stir together the Greek yogurt, 1/3 C honey(reserving the 1 tbsp for another use) and pineapple or lemon juice. When fully combined place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until ready to make froyo.
- When ready, freeze the froyo according to your ice cream makers directions. When the froyo is almost done, remove the chopped pineapple from the freezer and drizzle with the extra honey. If you're able to, drop the pineapple into the machine and let it mix. If your machine is not able to handle it, stop the machine and stir in the frozen pineapple by hand. Pour mixture into a chilled loaf pan or another container and place in the freezer until completely frozen.