You know things that at first seem awkward and weird. Probably how I seem to you reading my blog(or at least I feel awkward). You don’t know me and I’m not good at introductions, but please don’t judge me right away. Just like this dessert hummus. Yes it sounds weird, but it’s amazing. In fact, my kids liked it even more than me and the entire recipe was gone in two days(which is saying a lot for my three year old). My toddler even specifically asked for it for days after it was gone. I’ll admit I felt weird calling it hummus, so we call it peanut butter cookie dough dip. That works for me 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Rinse well and peel your chickpeas. I didn't peel mine and I still thought it was great, but I would recommend taking the time to peel them because it will make it so much smoother. I also like to use peanut butter that has no added ingredients so I added a tiny pinch of sea salt, but you don't need to.
- Throw your chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup or honey and vanilla in the food processor and blend till smooth. Taste, but resist the urge to add more sweetener. Just like regular hummus the flavors take time to come out so leave it overnight
- Remove it from your food processor and stir in the chocolate chips. Serve with apple slices or carrot sticks or on top of graham crackers. Enjoy!