You know things that at first seem awkward and weird. Probably how I seem to you reading my blog(or at least I feel awkward). You don’t know me and I’m not good at introductions, but please don’t judge me right away. Just like this dessert hummus. Yes it sounds weird, but it’s amazing. In fact, my kids liked it even more than me and the entire recipe was gone in two days(which is saying a lot for my three year old). My toddler even specifically asked for it for days after it was gone. I’ll admit I felt weird calling it hummus, so we call it peanut butter cookie dough dip. That works for me 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Rinse well and peel your chickpeas. I didn't peel mine and I still thought it was great, but I would recommend taking the time to peel them because it will make it so much smoother. I also like to use peanut butter that has no added ingredients so I added a tiny pinch of sea salt, but you don't need to.
- Throw your chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup or honey and vanilla in the food processor and blend till smooth. Taste, but resist the urge to add more sweetener. Just like regular hummus the flavors take time to come out so leave it overnight
- Remove it from your food processor and stir in the chocolate chips. Serve with apple slices or carrot sticks or on top of graham crackers. Enjoy!
Comments & Reviews
I just made this….love it.
I LOVE your blog! It’s such an inspiration and is so helpful to see such healthy and delicious recipes like this dip featured all in one place.
Heidi @ Food Doodles says
I’m so glad you like it! 😀
Lauren (PB&G) says
Yum! Chickpeas, PB and chocolate – it’s a win, win, win! Thank you for sharing the recipe. =)
this looks delish! thanks for sharing your recipe. 🙂
Trudy ~ veggie num num says
This recipe has made my day! Now I can eat hummus for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND dessert 🙂 I love anything you can enjoy with crunchy wedges of apple and this looks super doper good!! Yum!!
Hummus for every meal of the day sounds awesome to me 😀
I’m making this tonight, what an interesting combination of ingredients!
I hope you enjoy it 😀
Katie @ Health for the Whole Sefl says
HOLY MOLY! I cannot wait to make this!
This looks amazing AND I have everything to make it in the pantry. Thanks for providing tonight’s dessert snack idea! Love the blog and the photos.
Awesome!! Thank you 😀
That looks cool~ I actually tried hummus yesterday and I have to say I made too much…… Next time I will try your version and to make them as a dessert instead of a salt dip.
For more healthy recipes, you can go to this website:
Check it out! I hope you can find interesting recipes as I did. Just enjoy cooking!
Good thing hummus will last a while in the fridge. I will check that out, thanks 🙂
That sounds interesting and pretty tasty…plus your hummus looks like it’s smiling 😀
Thanks! Haha, I didn’t even notice that 😀
Evan Thomas says
I’m glad your family liked it so much!
Thank you for sharing 😀