Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudgesicles – vegan and gluten free! Rich and creamy fudgesicles filled with healthy avocado and strawberry pieces.
Hello again! I hope you’re not surprised to see me again so soon! I told you I’d be back to business as usual. And in honor of our first heat wave here in our area of beautiful BC I’m sharing these amaaaazing popsicles. Trust me, they are delish. They contain no dairy, but they are so rich and creamy and trust me, you will not taste the secret ingredient 🙂 My kids loved these, the neighbor kids loved these, and no one guessed they might have been good for them. I knew what was in them and still couldn’t tell!
These were created using my original fudgsicles recipe and for these popsicles I even reduced the sweetener I used and added fruit instead, which I always love doing. To be honest you could even add a ripe banana and reduce the sweetener even more, but I didn’t want to add any banana flavor to these. I will be trying that next time though 🙂 Even still, I used a healthy, natural sweetener for these. If you prefer something else you can absolutely use that. Honey would be perfect, but anything will work, just add to taste if you’re using something different than in the recipe and if your using a dry sweetener add a little extra almond milk!
If you need something without any sugar, try these Sugar-Free Fudgesicles!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudgesicles
- 3 small avocados
- 2 cups strawberries divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- In a food processor combine the avocados, 1 cup of strawberries, cocoa powder, maple syrup or other sweetener, almond milk, vanilla and salt. Process until completely smooth.
- While blending, chop the other 1 cup of strawberries into small pieces.
- Once done blending the chocolate mixture, taste for sweetness and add more sweetener to taste. Don't forget things don't taste as sweet when they're cold so add a tiny bit more than you'd like at room temperature.
- Stir the chopped strawberries into the mixture and spoon into popsicle molds. Add the sticks and freeze at least 4 hours, to overnight.
- To remove run the popsicle mold under warm or hot water to release the popsicles.
For this recipe I used my small food processor, which I’ve had for a very long time (highly recommended!) along with this popsicle mold and wooden sticks.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click and end up buying something a very small portion will go to keeping Food Doodles running, without any extra expense to you. Thanks for your support!
Comments & Reviews
thanks for tasty recipe.. I am gonna try this weekend.
choco with strawberry, what we need now? delicious combo (x thankyou.
Hey! just wondering 1/2 of how much cocoa powder?
Heidi @ Food Doodles says
So sorry! 1/2 cup 🙂
Charlotte Moore says
I like strawberries and chocolate together.
Heidi @ Food Doodles says
Me too 🙂 Perfect combination!