Vanilla Nutmeg Almond Milk Steamer, a warm and cozy drink to curl up with with an option to add some protein to your drink to make it a little healthier!
With chilly mornings coming in fast I believe it’s time to share some hot drinks! This is one of my favorites, I absolutely love it. It’s incredibly simple, and quick to throw together.
I’ve even included a protein option as well. Some days I struggle to get in a good amount of protein for my activity level so this is my solution. Now usually I’m not a fan of protein powder. I’d really like to get everything I need from real food, but sometimes you need a little help and I’ve found a protein powder that I love. It’s one ingredient, not chalky or weird, doesn’t make my stomach upset and it’s an easy way to get in 25 grams of protein so I use it occasionally. This particular brand is only available in Canada but with some searching I’m sure you can find a good one where you are 🙂
Now if you know me, you know I love tea. I drink coffee occasionally, but hot tea is my thing, and I love it with lots of honey. But of course, lots of honey isn’t such a good thing, it’s a lot of sugar especially when I’m drinking tea after tea after tea on a cold day. So besides drinking my tea unsweetened which is what I usually do, I sometimes use this protein creamer. Trust me, if you have a good, plain protein powder that you love, give this a try, even in your morning coffee, you will not be disappointed. It foams up just a little and it tastes great. Even if that isn’t your thing though, this almond milk steamer is just as delicious without it, so give it a try! I hope you enjoy! And stay tuned for some delicious chocolate chip cookies later in the week 😉
Vanilla Nutmeg Almond Milk Steamer - With Protein Option!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk divided
- 2-3 pinches nutmeg
- A dash of pure vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- 1 scoop plain unsweetened protein powder, optional
- In a mug add 1 - 1 1/4 C almond milk along with the nutmeg. Warm to the desired temperature or slightly hotter.
- While that is warming, add the scoop of protein powder to 1/4 - 1/2 C almond milk and stir until no lumps remain.
- When the almond milk is hot add the dash of vanilla, and the protein mixture(if adding protein) and stir well. Serve immediately and do not reheat.
I use Presidents Choice Natural Source Whey Protein Isolate, the unflavored and unsweetened version. I have not experimented with any other protein powders or with using a sweetened version, but just be sure that it's one that you don't mind the flavor of on it's own before trying 🙂