All the goodness of pumpkin pie, in convenient bar form, with no crust. Made with whole wheat flour and recipe has a dairy free option!
I made it all the way till October before sharing anything pumpkin with you! I’d say that’s quite the achievement, although I did break out the first can for myself 2 weeks ago. I couldn’t help it! Have you been into the pumpkin yet?
My husband is just crazy for pumpkin pie. The only thing about pumpkin pie that I don’t particularly like making is the crust, so this solves that. Although if you wanted to use this for the filling in your favorite crust you can absolutely do that as well. As it is though, this is so easy to throw together. It takes awhile in the oven because I like the filling nice and thick, but if you’d prefer to bake it for less time simply divide the batter between 2 dishes instead of using just one. You can even bake it in pie plates to make it feel even more like traditional pumpkin pie. I haven’t tried it yet but little individual pumpkin pies could be fun too! It’s incredibly delicious and so simple, I hope you’ll give it a try.
It seems like it’s already the season for being sick(at least if you have little kids like me) so you’ll excuse the late post, and the lack of writing in this post. I’ll be back soon with more to share with you 🙂 Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Crustless Pumpkin Pie Bars(Dairy Free Option)
- 3 tablespoons butter sub coconut oil for dairy free
- 3/4 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated. Finally, beat in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the previously prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.