Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on December 15, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

I need to start out with a warning.   These are SWEET.  I think I’ve gotten my tastebuds used to not having sugar very often because these were crazy sweet to me.  Which is really weird for me since I used to pretty much live off cookies :D  I would consider reducing the sugar but then I don’t think the recipe would work.  But in a way, I love that these are really sweet and fudgy and satisfying because then I really only want one(or even half of one because they’re massive!) with a big glass of milk.  Don’t bother trying to cut the recipe down though, they freeze really well so save a few out and freeze the rest if you want.

Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

I’ll admit, I feel a little bad going crazy with cookie recipes lately.  I know I don’t do well on a bunch of sugar, and I doubt anyone else does either.  I mainly started this blog to post healthier recipes and I wouldn’t consider these healthy even though they have no added butter or oil in it.  I even have a couple more cookie recipes I’m debating posting in the next week and a half, but I’ll see.  I really believe there should always be “treats”  but also that they should be treats and just enjoyed once in a while.  This really is the time of year for treats, so I may just post another cookie recipe before I get back to some more nutritious recipes, if that’s alright with you Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

Flourless Chocolate Puddle Cookies

1 Binky December 15, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Ummmm these look DELICIOUS. ^_^ Sometimes you need something super sweet, ya know?

2 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Absolutely! ^_-

3 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama December 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I’m sure these are fantastic. They look so chocolate-y. My husband would be so happy if I made these. I’ll have to save this recipe for a time when I need a special treat to make him. :-)
Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama recently posted..No bake chocolate peppermint balls

4 Kathryn December 16, 2011 at 3:16 am

There’s definitely nothing wrong with a cookie every now and then and these look so delicious!
Kathryn recently posted..eating in washington dc

5 Nicole @ Wonderful Joy Ahead December 16, 2011 at 11:41 am

In the big scheme of cookies, these are not *that* bad for you, in moderation. Ok, yes, there’s loads of sugar. But a handful of nuts are good for you and fill you up. Then, the chocolate is unsweetened… and the eggs are just the whites. Truly, I can think of way worse “treats” (like, ahem, the *really* not good for you cupcakes I posted that you commented on earlier! ha!)
Nicole @ Wonderful Joy Ahead recently posted..Chocolate Ganache Filled Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting

6 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Very true, the amount of sugar is what bugs me I guess, but really they aren’t that bad. I think why I’m feeling guilty is because of how fast this batch was gone! And I only shared a couple of them! Lol!

7 Heather December 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

My Boyfriend would be so in love with these cookies – especially with a big glass of almond milk!
Heather recently posted..maple molasses oatmeal boule

8 beti December 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm

they look really goood! so soft but chewy at the same time
beti recently posted..German Chocolate Cake

9 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com December 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I need 20 of those, please :) So drool-worthy!
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Warm Acorn Squash Salad

10 vianney December 16, 2011 at 5:33 pm

These look so rich and dreamy!! with a big glass of cold milk-heaven!!
vianney recently posted..Homemade Corn Tortillas for the Holidays with Maseca

11 Mellissa December 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Oooooh…..shiny!!!!! These look so pretty and crispy and chewy and….yummy! Trying it! Gotta go find some chocolate now to take the edge off! thanks! ha ha!

12 Katarina December 16, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Wow, these look great!

13 Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 16, 2011 at 11:45 pm

*Gushing comment alert* Your blog is AMAZING! Seriosly, your pics are gorgeous, your personality rocks, and, puddle cookies? Chocolate? You, my friend, rock.

14 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

Aw, thank you! You’re so sweet! You honestly made my day :D

15 Karen December 17, 2011 at 6:28 am

How do you think these would hold up without the nuts? They look delicious, but I have some picky eaters who are not fans of nuts. Also, I’m assuming these are considered gluten free? This might be a nice gift for my friends with gluten allergies.
Karen recently posted..Raspberry Baked Oatmeal

16 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 17, 2011 at 9:05 am

I have seen another version using coconut that you can find here. I haven’t tried them but they look delicious. I don’t think you can just leave the nuts out as they are a main part of the cookie but if you can find something else to replace them with, go for it!

17 Dominique December 17, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Has anyone tried preparing this using an egg substitute? I have found one that doesn’t include any egg (duh), gluten or flax, but I haven’t used it yet and I don’t know if it would be appropriate to use in replacing egg whites. Any input welcome! I REALLY want home-baked cookies for Christmas, but when you can’t use any eggs, casein, gluten, flax or cashews (and I technically am playing it more loosely than I should with almonds), it gets complicated. Oh, cookies. I miss you so.

18 Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum December 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

These have such a cool look to them!

19 Ramya December 18, 2011 at 3:44 am

That looks awesome!! Real treat for a chocoholic like me!! Lovely clicks..Soo Inviting:-)
Ramya recently posted..Dates and Sesame go-go balls

20 Karen | Divine Dinner Party December 18, 2011 at 4:24 am

Is it just me or are these fabulous cookies look really shiny? I read the warning and I don’t mind that these goodies are SWEET. Sometimes, you just got to have to eat something really sweet just like your chocolate puddle cookies and experience a great deal of sugar rush.

21 Bobbi December 18, 2011 at 9:47 am

I’ve been searching for a chocolate cookie recipe to try this season–something to balance out all the shortbread and rugelach. This sounds delish! And easy too. Thanks!
Bobbi recently posted..Mom’s Browned Butter Coconut Haystacks

22 Debs @ The Spanish Wok December 19, 2011 at 4:13 am

These look fab and sound easy for a novice baker like me.
Debs @ The Spanish Wok recently posted..Chocolate Salami (salame al cioccolato)

23 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective December 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

Wow, those cookies look ridiculously good!
Sommer@ASpicyPerspective recently posted..POG Punch

24 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh December 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Those look amazing! I bet they are so moist and chewy!!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..A Few Random Monday Tidbits

25 Alli@peasepudding December 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

They look amazing, what a lovely gloss coating they have!
Alli@peasepudding recently posted..Christmas Chocolate & Fruit Mince Pies

26 Brooke (Baking with Basil) December 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

That’s crackly cookie top reminds me of a brownie!! I bet these are wonderful!
Brooke (Baking with Basil) recently posted..Caramel Party Mix