A delicious pumpkin spice version of the ever popular no bake energy bites. This version can be made paleo as well.
It’s hard to believe I originally posted my recipe for No Bake Energy Bites back in the early summer of 2011. That’s like a million blogging years ago right? Shortly after I made a chocolate version, and then a grain free version but don’t be fooled the grain free version isn’t healthy, it has candy in it, haha. In any case, energy bites seem to be all over the blogosphere now and it’s been years since I posted a different version, even though I keep some kind of energy bite on hand 98% of the time. Well from now on I will be posting more versions as I think of them 🙂 I hope you’ll enjoy them!
For this recipe you’ll need pumpkin pie spice. You can easily make your own pumpkin pie spice. I make quite a few of my own spice combinations and I even have a recipe for pumpkin pie spice here if you’re interested or even if you just don’t have any right now and don’t want to run to the store 🙂
- ½ C almond butter(or peanut butter)
- ⅓ C honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ C coconut(or oats if not making these grain free)
- ½ C sunflower seeds
- ½ C pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 4 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- In a bowl stir together the nut butter and honey. If cold, warm for just a few seconds in the microwave so the other ingredients are easier to stir in.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas and ground flax or chia seeds. Stir until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling into bite sized balls.
- Store in the fridge.