A delicious pumpkin spice version of the ever popular no bake energy bites. This version can be made paleo as well.
It’s hard to believe I originally posted my recipe for No Bake Energy Bites back in the early summer of 2011. That’s like a million blogging years ago right?
In any case, energy bites seem to be all over the blogosphere now and it’s been years since I posted a different version, even though I keep some kind of energy bite on hand 98% of the time.
Well from now on I will be posting more versions as I think of them 🙂 I hope you’ll enjoy them!
For this recipe, you’ll need pumpkin pie spice. You can easily make your own pumpkin pie spice. I make quite a few of my own spice combinations and I even have a recipe for pumpkin pie spice here if you’re interested or even if you just don’t have any right now and don’t want to run to the store 🙂 You could also use that to make this delicious pumpkin spice bulletproof coffee!
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup for vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups coconut or oats if not making these grain free
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup ground flax or chia seeds
- In a bowl stir together the nut butter and honey. If cold, warm for just a few seconds in the microwave so the other ingredients are easier to stir in.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas and ground flax or chia seeds. Stir until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling into bite sized balls.
- Store in the fridge.