After making chia seed pudding for the first time a few days ago I couldn’t resist experimenting a little. Pudding for breakfast sounds awesome right? So of course my thought pattern led me to thinking of what I could add to it to make it into a breakfast I wouldn’t feel bad about. Getting some fruit servings with my pudding for breakfast? Yes! So I added what I had and realized it tasted like a banana split. Of course you could add pineapple if you want. That is a main part of a banana split isn’t it? I honestly can’t remember, and I didn’t use it this time, but I would in the future. In any case, I’d add about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple cut into small pieces or use canned pineapple tidbits just try to get the unsweetened kind or you’ll be adding more sugar than might be good for breakfast.
Chocolate Chia Seed Banana Split Parfait
- 1 recipe Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding made at least 30 minutes before or made the night before and immediately put in the fridge till morning
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced(fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup pineapple in small chunks optional
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Layer your parfait starting with strawberries, then banana and pineapple and then chia pudding ending with a few banana pieces and then a dollop of your favorite jam. Or you can just mix the fruit and pudding together and then top with jam.