Incredibly fast and easy to make flourless (and naturally grain and gluten-free!) peanut butter cookies dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peanuts. These are so delicious you won’t go back to regular peanut butter cookies!
So I guess I’m on a bit of a flourless cookie kick right now. I really didn’t intend to be, but they’re just so delicious! Now, if you haven’t heard of the flourless peanut butter cookie before, you absolutely must try them! Even if you don’t dress them up with a bit of chocolate and crushed peanuts, they are still an amazing cookie, and I love them as is. That being said, they are so easy to dress up. These little beauties will steal the spotlight!
Did I mention how easy these are to make? You don’t even need a mixer of any kind. Just measure out your ingredients all into the same bowl and stir together until completely combined. Then I even use my 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the dough, and another little spoon to scoop it out of my measuring spoon into the sugar. Roll into a little ball in the sugar and done, ready for baking!
Once these are baked and cooled, simply dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peanuts before the chocolate hardens and tada!
They are really cute this way, and it’s amazing how a little bit of chocolate can dress up a pretty plain cookie. Not that I don’t like plain, but I loooooove these cookies all dressed up. And did I mentioned that they’re naturally gluten free, and possibly dairy free as well, depending on the ingredients you use.
As you can tell by the many, many pictures. They were just too cute. At just 1/2 tablespoon of dough per cookie, these are also tiny, which I love as well 🙂
And look, they’re even adorable without the chocolate! These cookies would be fantastic to give as Christmas gifts, especially for peanut butter lovers. As would this 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge!
Chocolate Dipped Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter not natural!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Granulated white sugar for rolling dough in
- Dark chocolate for dipping
- Crushed unsalted peanuts for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium sized bowl add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Once completely combined scoop 1/2 tablespoon-fulls into the sugar and roll around to coat. The dough will be sticky, but it's easier to form it into a ball in the sugar. You can also try refrigerating the dough to make it easier to handle if desired. Place on the prepared baking sheet 2" apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until puffed up, just starting to look golden around the edges and the top is cracked. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet as they will be too soft to move. Once cool, remove from the baking sheet and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
For a sweet and salty twist you could try using crushed salted peanuts to sprinkle over top 🙂
I like to bake one baking sheet at a time with these cookies as they don't get a perfectly crackly top when baking with two baking sheets at once, and it's harder to tell when they're perfectly done.