If you’re looking for something sweet and full of energy, these yummy little coconut apricot bites are for you! They can be rolled into small balls for on the go, or pressed into a pan and sliced like fudge 🙂
If you know me, you know that I have a sweet tooth. Some days I need something sweet after every meal. In fact my most recent health goal involves actually having something that can be considered a meal before I have something sweet. There’s something about these that is amazing, and yet I can’t eat more than one. Eating more than one probably wouldn’t make me feel any worse(not like eating a second piece of cake) and yet it’s so much easier to resist. Maybe because one is so satisfying.
I keep them in the fridge and when they reach your mouth they melt. The almost tartness of the apricots is perfectly balanced with a tiny bit of salt and some honey. Feel free to use a different sweetener if you don’t agree with using honey, but remember honey will crystalize in the fridge where others may not.
Coconut Apricot Bites
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey or other liquid sweetener
- Blend half the coconut into a powder then remove it from the food processor.
- Blend the apricots till they're in very small pieces.
- Throw everything in the food processor and blend till it forms a "dough". Then either scoop and roll into balls or feel free to refrigerate till the mixture firms up a little more before rolling as the coconut oil might liquefy if the dough is warm. You can even press into a pan, refrigerate and then slice like fudge
Post updated: January 16/2018. Here’s what the pictures looked like before: