This sunflower seed salad is a simple, fresh and quick salad with a bit of a crunch and flavor pop from pomegranate seeds.
After all the sweets I’ve been posting, I figured it was time to post something healthy! This salad fits the bill.
I’ve got some other savory recipes that I can’t wait to share. The problem is finding the time to write up the recipes. I feel like my kid or I have been non-stop sick for months. I’m ready for sick season to be done!
So this is a super quick recipe. I’m not a fan of salads with a lot of dressing. All I need is a little bit of dressing for flavor – not mounds of it.
I think simpler is usually better when it comes to dressings and that’s really the case with this sunflower seed salad. It’s so good that I occasionally make it as a snack.
You can just throw the dressing ingredients into a large tupperware container and mix it a little, then throw in everything else and shake it with the lid on.
Do note that the dressing is quite vinegary. If you don’t like vinegar-based dressings, this salad’s not for you.
This sunflower seed salad won’t fill you up (unless it’s a snack) so be sure to add some chicken or eat it alongside something more filling. This 40 Clove of Garlic Chicken with Potatoes would go great with this salad!
Sunflower Seed Salad
- 3 large handfuls of mixed baby greens
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Whisk the dressing together and pour over the greens. Top with the cranberries, sunflower seed and pomegranate seeds, or mix in and enjoy!
Photos updated 1/2020: Here’s an old one.