This easy pineapple fruit salad is mixed with an easy lime and honey syrup. So simple, refreshing and delicious!
I know that fruit salad is not something you usually need a recipe for. You can just throw any and all different kinds of fruit in a bowl and call it a fruit salad.
Fruit is so naturally sweet and flavorful that it doesn’t need anything else. This was just one of those times I wanted to do something a little more special!
We had guests coming and we also had 5 pineapples because they were 99 cents. And how can you not buy at least 5 pineapples when they’re at that price?!
My husband was actually a little confused by why I was messing with a simple fruit salad. Once you taste it, I think you’ll understand why!
A little honey, lime juice and lime zest goes a long way. It only takes 2 minutes to make the syrup but it does amazing things.
This pineapple fruit salad is paleo and dairy-free but not vegan. I always try to offer a vegan option but I don’t think there’s a good sub for honey in this recipe.
Usually I’d use maple syrup as a honey sub but lime + maple just doesn’t strike me as so fitting. You could just add some granulated sugar but adding granulated sugar to a fruit salad also doesn’t sound right to me.
If you do try out a vegan version, I’d love to hear what you used and how it went.
Pineapple Fruit Salad
- 1/2 large fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons (20-40 grams) honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice and honey.
- In a larger bowl combine the pineapple and blueberries.
- Pour the honey mixture over top and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days until ready to serve.
Photos updated 2/2020. Here’s an old one: