Perfectly sweet and tart homemade cranberry sauce, flavored with orange and a little bit of cinnamon and sweetened with honey. This honey orange cranberry sauce will be a hit whether it’s served with turkey or on top of yogurt.
I was thinking I should share this delicious cranberry sauce with you before this weekend, to go along with the sweet potatoes and quinoa stuffing I posted not too long ago 🙂 Now trust me, I like regular plain cranberry sauce, but I was so surprised when I made this cranberry sauce. I love it! I even love it with some plain yogurt for a snack. The orange really gives this cranberry sauce something!
One thing you need to know about this sauce is that it really should be made the day before. Of course it tastes great the day it’s made, but it’s so much better the next day after it’s chilled in the fridge overnight. Trust me, make it the day before. The orange flavor really comes out the next day and you don’t want to miss it whether you’re eating it with turkey or on top of a dollop of plain yogurt 🙂 Enjoy!
Honey Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 1 - 340g/12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice no sugar added
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup honey more as needed
- Zest of 2 large oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick optional
- In a medium sized pot combine all the ingredients and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to combine the ingredients, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer just until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.