Gorgeous weather only means one thing to my husband in April. Fire. We have a fairly large yard with a lot of trees so come April(the only month in spring that we’re allowed to burn) we do a lot of burning. Today is a beautiful day so my husband and son have been out there for an hour already getting ready and starting a fire. My daughter and I on the other hand have been cleaning up the house so we(read: I) don’t feel bad spending the rest of the day outside, neglecting the inside of my house. This only means one thing. No time for a breakfast that takes a long time. Throw it in the blender and drink it up. Quick, easy, done. Did I mention it tastes good? Heck, I’m categorizing this under dessert because it’s that yummy. That’s why I’m calling it a milkshake. And who doesn’t want a milkshake for breakfast? I shared this with both kids, but realistically I would have drank the whole thing to myself if I could have.
Mocha (Green) Breakfast Milkshake
- 1 1/2 large frozen bananas
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk or more for blending
- Throw everything in a blender and blend till very smooth. I like to blend the banana last after everything else is blended till smooth, but this depends on your blender. You may need to blend things in stages. Do what works best for you. Enjoy!