You will love these oven baked sweet potato fries with cinnamon yogurt dip. They make a perfect snack or side dish or even dessert!
I hope you’ve all had a great weekend! The weekend started for us on Friday because my husband gets every second Friday off work. We spent the day shopping out of town on Saturday but beyond that we spent the majority of our time at home, outside in the yard. I actually got one garden bed that runs most of the length of our house completely weeded. I have no before pictures to show because I was too embarrassed to take a picture, but once the flowers start to bloom and fill in the empty spaces I’ll be sure to post a picture or two. I do want to start branching out and posting things other than food, but I’ll see how that goes. Now I just have to keep up with my garden bed because I know that grass will come back. While I dug and ripped and scooped every last bit of grass and weeds out the kids ran around the yard, my son played next door at the neighbors sandbox for a little while and my daughter figured out how to go down her little toddler slide by herself, among other things. It was such a good weekend.
It’s a good thing I squeezed in time for these though. My daughter literally inhaled them. She’s at the stage where she usually eats fairly slowly but every time I turned around she had finished off another and another and another. All that playing outside must have made her super hungry. Not that these weren’t amazing 😀
Pumpkin Pie Spice Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato/yam/orange-fleshed potato cut into thin fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
For the dip:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sweetener to taste I used vanilla stevia but any sweetener will work fine. Honey would be especially good
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potato into fries by cutting the ends off first then slicing lengthwise into thin slices then chopping each slice into fries. Line a sheet with parchment.
- Whisk oil, egg and spices and sugar if using till slightly foamy and pour over the fries. Toss till evenly coated then arrange in a single layer. Bake approximately 40 minutes or till the desired level of doneness is reached.
- While the fries are baking mix up the yogurt dip. When the fries are done, serve immediately with dip.